Salon opening next month - any advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keeley20

Reaction score
hi everyone...my salon opens next month, so excited! just wondering if anyone had any more advertising ideas? Im going to do some leaflets with some money off vouchers, gonna put them in local shops etc and also hand them out on my opening day. Going to do a facebook page too, has this helped anyone?

Also how many of you do a leaflet drop? and does it actually work? the salon i last worked at sent out thousands of leaflets and didnt get many clients from it.

Any ideas would be great :D

Another thing my salon is goin to be above a dance studio as its on big building so really going to try and get people from in there. we are also having our open day together which should be good. Going to get papers to come and advertise that way.

sorry its a long one haha xx

Well you definitely sound like you are doing all the right things! I would say a facebook page is a must! I know many people will disagree, but for me and my business (i started my first wee place in january) it has been invaluable! Its a great way to attract new customers, set up a page and then get friends to suggest other people.. Even run a little competition.. A free treatment for whoever suggests the most people to your page! Its a great way to encourage people who arent friends or family to suggest people! Use your facebook for updating your clients on new treatments, any offers you have and posting photos or promotional material! Keep it update quite regularly, ul be amazed at how many people check it! As for a leaflet drop, i tried this, and i can honestly say that i had very little return from it! Its a lot of money on printing and your own time delivering, or even more money paying someon else to deliver!!

Its excellent you can work alongside the dance company, especially if you can get the papers involved! Fabulous publicity!! Wishing you lots of luck with your bew business venture! Xx

Thankyou so much for your reply...some really good ideas that i will have to try out :D

Just replied to your first post...lets hope i dont get no nightmare clients in the new salon he he xx

Your welcome, i think its important that we all help each other along! We all started somewhere and it can be scary!! I really hope u dont get clients like that, but thankfully they are few and far between and most clients are a pleasure to treat! Just be firm an dont let them take advantage like mine do! :)) xx

When I opened my shop I asked friends and family to come and support me on the opening day but asked them to bring at least 2 other friends or family members to create a crowd as such, and the more people that were around the more other people wanted to know what was going on and they to came to see what all the fuss was about. I made sure I took all contact details of anyone that turned up shook there hand, introduced myself and gave them a goody bag.
The details you take can then be used to market what you offer or a quick email saying hi, thanks for your support, nice to meet you etc and in the goody bag was pricelists, leaflets, recommend a friend cards, free samples from my suppliers and leaflet from other businesses I'd hooked up with, I'm a hair salon so I had a local beauty pricelist in there. I also had a beauty therapist giving away free quick file and polishes to anyone who wanted one, the stylists were doing free colour consultations and anyone that booked an appointment there and then got a very nice discount!!!! It was a huge success and I got some good clients from it.

Hope this helps and good luck
Clair x

If you are using facebook on your computer it will tell you on your notifications, eg 'xx has suggested you add' or 'xxx has added u as a friend, suggested by xx' . Just keep a tally of these! i dont think suggestions show up on your phone though which makes it tricky if you use a smartphone to keep track of facebook! But even so its a great way of giving people an incentive to add their friends and family to your business page! Worked for me! :) xx

Love the idea of goody bags...i will have try this :) thankyou xx

I'm about to open a new salon and will be moving my old fb page across. Love the idea of the goody bags too.

I'm hoping that the arrival of my topless waiters will draw some ladies in on my open day!! Although it's probably gonna end up being in October so they might get a bit cold lol.

I too was thinking of doing a local leaflet drop but am also aware that this might not be the best way forward as can be pricey for small return.

Will watch this thread with interest

Latest posts

Back