Salon or mobile?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah x

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I currently work 2 days in a salon on rent a chair basis.
I know January is a quiet month but I’ve literally made no money this month! By the time I pay rent etc I’m left with nothing for myself.
My mum suggested going mobile but a few of my clients have said they like the luxury of a salon and don’t like the idea of hair being washed over the bath or in the sink!
What is everyone preference and how do I win round the ‘salon clients?’
Thank you xx

I had these same thought when I left my previous salon. I had been there 12 years and built u a huge clientele and after having a baby it just wasnt working for me anymore. I have a mobile backwash that I use to wash my clients hair and they love it! You will lose some, but you will build up new ones. I would say 80% of mine wanted to follow me.

There are few things you can do:
1. Print fliers with short bio and your services( don't include your price) offer 1st haircut for free. Ones they come in you can offer them complimentary treatment the next time they come in or some discount for your service.
Even with a free haircut, people will usually tip you, and in that way you can get people in your chair and earn a little something.
2. Do a self promotion on your salon's website/FB page etc. Ask the salon owner for help in promoting your services for some time( let's say the month of February..)
3. Ask your current clients for help! Offer some incentives for existing clients if they will refer their friends. Plus offer something for those friends on their first visit( give them incentive as well)
I hope this will help. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back