salon or mobile?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarahQ

Reaction score
Hi,:confused:

I am hoping all you experienced geeks can give me some advice!

I am currently offering a mobile tech and spray tanning service. I have just started so am sowly building up clients but it is tough getting regular clients. I have recently been offered a ready made salon! The previous owner has shut up due to trade being slow, however she wasn't qualified in any kind of beauty so just employed 2 fairly recently qualiified girls. I am really interested in the business but she is asking for £320 per week as she has the lease for another 5 years, this includes rates and water (I would pay the elec). I know the rent for the shop is around £75! I appreciate I wouln't have to buy anything as it's ready to go but think I would need to do alot of trade to cover everything and to make a profit for myself ( I would need to employ 1 therapist).

Should I bite the bullet and go for it or stick to mobile for now and build up my client list???

Any advice would be gratefully received.

in my opinion it sounds like she is asking for alot of money! would she provide your stock, not sure if i read your post wrong, sorry! i would say try and build up your client list 1st, your going to need to be taking at least £7-800 a week for just wages and rent,what if you have a slow week??? i'm not saying dont go for it, but you could do with doing your maths on it or getting advice first i would say, its great to have a salon but is there anywhere else cheaper you could rent? or maybe rent a desk/chair to start with? build up your client base then. hth

£320 :eek: per week OMG
sweet heart tell her to take a hike, you can buy your own salon for that price per week,

im not sure if she can do that any way as it would be sub letting and a lot of landlords don't let you do this, (it will be in her lease agreement)
if she has had enough she can sell you the business and you take over the lease, this would need to involve the landlord too, hth :hug:

Thank you both for your advice. I think I will tell her it's too much. It would just be putting me under too much pressure.
Whilst I'm here..... any advice on sucessful marketing for my mobile business??
I've printed 1000 price lists and done some special offer postcards, put them in a couple of hairdressers and a gym. Not sure whether to bother doing a leaflet drop? Also doing a pamper evening at a hotel in March.

Latest posts

Back