Salon owner water bill? Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vicky Macca

Reaction score
Hi

Really hope someone can help! I'm trying to do my sums prior to signing a lease for a premises in scotland and I'm a little surprised that my water usage isn't under my rates.........can someone please advise as to what my average small business water bill may be and how the providers work this out.......premises is 35sq meters if that helps! Feel so stupid.......

thanks in advance geeks

V xxxxxxxx

Hiya,

Your rates generally don't include anything. It's merely a tax.

You should have to pay;
Rent
Rates
Electric
Water
Sewage
Bin Collection (council may or may not do this, most likely will need a private company to do it).

Best thing you can do is call the water board with the address and they can tell you the average usage as it stands if that helps?

About 80 a quarter

Persianista wish mine were.... I live in the most expensive water area... Mine are about £700 a year ;-(

This is the kind of figure I'm scared of! I'll have to call them first thing. Thank you! :lol:

I'm with Thames water, on a meter. Both my salons are about the same

Get a water meter fitted so much easier and you can read your own meter and submit your own reads. xx

Leely

I'm with Thames water, on a meter. Both my salons are about the same

The previous tenant has removed meter so I must get it reconnected. Thank you again!

The water board here charge a fortune for any maintenance to water meters!

I only pay £31 a month for my salon. I don't get a choice to be on meter or rates. I have to be metered as my salon is a commercial property.

I pay more at my home for water.

Jemima :)

Latest posts

Back