Salon owners, is this policy right?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xx-melo-xX

Reaction score
I currently work self employed in a salon and today I had a client cancel half an hour before their appointment. The salon owner has said they need to pay 100% of the cost as it's policy if anyone cancels within 24 hours of their appointment. The client is now refusing to pay and refusing to come back! Is this standard procedure in every salon?

It's not her business! Omg! You are your own boss running a business within her building! Stupid cow! You should seriously consider asking her for compensation of loss of your business! That policy is for her business not yours!

I currently work self employed in a salon and today I had a client cancel half an hour before their appointment. The salon owner has said they need to pay 100% of the cost as it's policy if anyone cancels within 24 hours of their appointment. The client is now refusing to pay and refusing to come back! Is this standard procedure in every salon?

It's possibly the salon policy, but as Kahuna said, you're self employed. It's got nothing to do with her. If you chose not to charge her.

She is just your landlord. She doesn't have any say in how you run your business. And shouldn't be commenting.

Latest posts

Back