Salon owners please read and share

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilona_g

Reaction score
I posted a thread earlier but i realized that not everyone would know the answer to my question, so i am askin salon owners specifically about what kind of different classes (like business and beauty) did you guys take in order to open up your own salon/spa. Any sorts of information would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

DO you mean training courses?

For the beauty side of things - what ever you are wanting to offer as a service! You need to know what kind of client you are wanting to attract. Are you wanting to offer a one-stop beauty shop or do you just want to do a few things??

And for the business side of things, if you contact business link. They can put you in the right direction on mainly everything!!!

I posted a thread earlier but i realized that not everyone would know the answer to my question, so i am askin salon owners specifically about what kind of different classes (like business and beauty) did you guys take in order to open up your own salon/spa. Any sorts of information would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
i am qualified in nail and beauty as well as have a bcomm degree in marketing,
i think the basixs are needed as you are not just a therapist you are ruinning a business so i think it is sad to see so many very talented people go under not cos they are bad therapist but cos they do not know how to run a business.
So see if there any on line business courses and get a good book system like excell to keep track of stocks money in and out.
:eek:

yes business classes was what i was mainly wondering about, but not online ones, tbecause i am going to a four year college, would i then get a business degree and a beauty degree, because i was told by someone that i should look into entrepreneur classes, which i wasn't sure was correct infro or not

Last edited:
I've asked about this already,
in the beauty side, as above, it seems like everyone is looking for NVQ Beauty Therapy level 3, pretty broad and covering all the basic skills.
In terms of the business side, there is no specific course for a salon business, however I believe that some management basics are covered within the NVQ.
Beyond that, if have no clue about starting a business, I would agree with Business link, they will guide you towards the right courses in your local area, depending on what you need to brush up on.
I think they also appoint an advisor for the setting up process.

Latest posts

Back