Salon Smart Event & Staff Handbook Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kate1982

Reaction score
Good Morning Geeks
I have just got back from Salon Smart this weekend and can I just say WOW. It is an absolute must for any salon owner. I have a hair and beauty salon. I have had the beauty side for nearly 9 years but only had the hair part of the business for the last 2 years. I am not a hairdresser however due to circumstances I was forced to take over the hair salon.
As you can imagine not being a hairdresser I have been on a very steep learning curve and have made alot of mistakes.
I went to Salon Smart with one question in my head:
How do I run a hair salon when I am not a hairdresser?
At Salon Smart I got the chance to speak to so many amazing people who are simply royalty in the hair industry such as Trevor Sorbie, Errol Douglas, Dylan Bradshaw, Hooker & Young and many more plus lots are very sucessful salon owners including the guy who runs the retreat at Harrods his name is Marcus Allen. An amazing man who has 220 staff!! Wow and I struggle with my 10.
The main thing I realised is I don't have enough rules in my salon that are wrote down and properly understood. So I am settiing about to write my 'Fifty Shades Of Black Handbook'. In which everything will be spelt out in Black and white No shades of grey.
Sorry for the long thread but I feel so inspired by this event I just had to share. And I am hoping that some people might be kind enough to send me a copy of their salon handbook so I can get an idea of where to start.
Thanks in advance. xx

Latest posts

Back