Salon Software?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielle81h

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking to start my own beauty salon; can someone recommend some of the popular salon software that salons usually use?

Thank you,

Danielle

This is just a coupleI know..
Shortcuts
Platinum Salon Software
Phorest

salon iris - their iphone app is coming out end of this month, can't wait!

I use Salon Iris too...

Salon Iris have an Iphone App????

What does the app do????

We use iSalon in our salons although we had previously spent (wasted) a lot of money on another system called Salon Advance. There are other threads on this site that suggest which ones to avoid. They would be worth checking out.

Hi, StudioTracker is an advanced, easy to use salon software system, it has many features such as customer contact information, booking calaner, reports, stock control, database backup, marketing features, chip and pin and multi-terminal support. It is important when you look for a software there are no hidden prices such as relicencing costs, update and support costs as these should be free. Ask for a demo and trial of at least 4 software companies this willl allow you to compare what is on the market and ensure u get the right software for you.

We use Salon Iris its fantastic!

I use SalonGenius

We use iSalon in our salons although we had previously spent (wasted) a lot of money on another system called Salon Advance. There are other threads on this site that suggest which ones to avoid. They would be worth checking out.

Oh no! What happened with salon advance? We have recently just set it up and haven't had any problems so far. I thought isalon's website looked good but they were quoting me £6K!!! That's a lot of money to go out the bank even before we have our business running smoothly.

Actually, from looking at a lot of the anti Salon Advance posts, you seem to crop up quite a lot...? @Truly Scrump. I thought bad mouthing companies wasn't allowed on Salon Geek?

I thought there were a few bad words about Salon Advance, but I noticed that it seems to be the same people each time!!!

Terri

Actually, from looking at a lot of the anti Salon Advance posts, you seem to crop up quite a lot...? @Truly Scrump. I thought bad mouthing companies wasn't allowed on Salon Geek?

I thought there were a few bad words about Salon Advance, but I noticed that it seems to be the same people each time!!!

Terri

I mentioned them twice, and this post simply refers to the the other post. My other post was as objective as it could be considering my experience, which I shared so that others may not have the same.

I noticed you are a newbie since October and all of your 4 posts are bigging them up. Sounds like you are a fan. Good luck. Salon Advance seem to have joined too very recently too.

Personally, I've written off the money and have enjoying using my new system since May. I've moved on. Better things to worry about.

Last edited:
We use SuperSalon, they will give you a price based on the number of employees you have, and their tech. support team is phenomenal! Expensive to start up, but I also liked the fact that they will offer you their own products, but help set their system up with your own as well. Costs me $40 a month to continue with...waaay too many features to mention.

Obviously I'm biased, but wanted to let you all know about Millennium by Harms Software. Our software suite is built to address all of the unique business needs of salon owners, spa owners, nail salon owners, etc... The software has been designed specifically to help your business grow. So whether your looking to motivate your front desk staff at your salon/spa OR need to provide your students the competitive edge at cosmetology school; our software offers this..

If you have any questions about it, just let me know.

Thanks! :)

Why don't you try Unisalons 2012 from www.unisalons.com
I think the price is very good and does most of the salon needs.

Cheers

I'd be remiss not to mention Salon Swift.

Salon Swift - Software for the Hair, Beauty, Tanning and professional services industries

It's got the whole thing, sms and email marketing, appointment book, client records, stock control, etc etc.

All support is included, training, updates, backups, it's all there and included and we're very responsive to feature requests and suggestions.

I firmly believe we have one of the most modern and advanced (yet simple to use) systems on the market and for the price it's untouchable if you compare feature for feature.

Feel free to download the trial from our website and have a look :)

Rob

Platinum Software is the system we use, it is really easy to use and has made such a difference to the business and also how much free time I now seem to have not being bogged down with loads of paperwork.

It has a full customer contact data base, I can easily book appointments, courses, allocate room numbers, roster staff and it has an automated loyalty point system. It allows me to easily do all retail sales including reporting on the commissions my staff are due for the sales they make, it has a full stock control and a click of a button gives me all the data I need for any length of time via the management reporting.

I can send reminder emails and SMS text messages which has proven to cut down on 80% of no shows that we used to have. I can also market to target specific groups as well as a general 'to all' special offer tat I may be running.

If you want to contact them, their website is salon software salon computer Hair Beauty Nail Massage Spa Tanning Intelligent Tills

At least unisalons does all that at the fraction of the price.
SMS,EMAIL REMINDERS and only £59!!!!!!!
Check it out at www.unisalons.com

Cheers
:eek:

Are you going to the Professional Beauty Show?

We're very excited about going and we are debuting our brand new slimline, sleek, white PC and matching hardware along with our brand new salon management software. You can find us on stand 1237! We've got a show promotion on so come down and say hi!

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Latest posts

Back