Salon software?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

work2hard

Reaction score
Ok so I m finally ready to swap my book for a computer i need user friendly with online booking and reasonably priced , only a small uk salon 3 stylists . I def want cloud based , and not to fussed about all the amazing things Phorest can do as its too expensive but maybe a system I can add more options too later ?
Which is beet value for money ?
Kitomba
Hive
Salon iq
Timely
Ovatu
Jelly
Iris
Salon tracker
Thanks

These aren't all cloud based.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I did a blog on this subject this week - I focused on Hive as I had done a trial on it but it is a general blog on the merits of cloud based salons systems - you can read it here x (Just to let you know this isn't a selling post/sales pitch I am not affiliated to Hive or any other booking system x) :Love:

I've got 'set more' it's brilliant it's simple to set up easy to use you and your staff can put in all your individual pricelists and appointments, client contact and treatment records/ notes, you can put a link into your facebook/twitter/email/ website page so your clients can book an appointment online and if you download the app into your phone you get a notification everytime someone books an appointment

The best part is it's FREE 😃 you can upgrade to £25 a months for extras like SMS reminder messages etc x

Hello, I have timely at the salon I work in I really like it, I'm able to see what my days are like ahead from my mobile phone. I can message my clients too. No training needed because it's so easy to get your head around. Everybody at our salon likes it and my boss said it's much cheaper than the old system she had before.

Thank you , I m looking into timely it does seem reasonable , I ll check the other one out as well , sooo many choices . Do you know if you can password protect some of the customers info , ie so staff can't access customers tel numbers ?

Ok I ve narrowed it down to Kitomba or Timely have any of you tried both of these ? Or had problems with either ?

Hi Work2Hard,

I work for Kitomba and would be happy to help out with any questions you have about it.

Kitomba One is a cloud based solution that offers a great deal of value for money as it is as little as £10 p/month. You can sign up to our free trial by going to Salon Management Software from Kitomba or feel free to message me and we can have a chat that is more specific to you and your business.

I hope this helps,

Adam Turner

Hi Adam
Thank you we spoke yesterday you already helped a lot thank you . I m now getting set up on the trail package with you .
Ps hope your little 1 is better

Im also looking at getting rid of my books. Can you let us know what you decide. Thanks :)

We decided on Kitumba and love it, most of all the help desk are awesome and so helpful, we used a trial of timely, however when we researched it, they own your data base, you won't get it back, Kitumba wins hands down

Hi Stokesy,

What salon are you from? Could you please inbox or call me?

Kitomba provides a subscription service and I'd like to better understand what you're talking about as we enable you to download your full client list at any time?

Adam

Hi Stokesy

We are timely certified and can confirm that you own your customer database, which you can export any time. Obviously timely own the software - is that what you were referring to?

Regards

Michelle

You're on time is the best one Craig and the rest of the staff are amazing. Software is awesome and the price is really good too.

In reply to: "we used a trial of timely, however when we researched it, they own your data base, you won't get it back"

Hey Guys,

Not here to sell Timely, just to let you know that all of the data in your Timely account is YOURS.

You are free to export your data as and when you like :)

Our CEO made a few words here:
Timely's cloud storage and your data - Timely

Happy hunting!

Love get timely! Trialled others but timely is so easy to use. Reasonably priced and does what I need it too. Very helpful staff too. Xxx

Ok so I m finally ready to swap my book for a computer i need user friendly with online booking and reasonably priced , only a small uk salon 3 stylists . I def want cloud based , and not to fussed about all the amazing things Phorest can do as its too expensive but maybe a system I can add more options too later ?
Which is beet value for money ?
Kitomba
Hive
Salon iq
Timely
Ovatu
Jelly
Iris
Salon tracker
Thanks
I have been using Mystro for my business and works well for me. It's a cloud based solution and great to use when you are out of the office so you can always know whats going on.

There is a free account available for sole operators which may be useful for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're on time is the best one Craig and the rest of the staff are amazing. Software is awesome and the price is really good too.

How much do your on time charge for text msg in uk as their website is set in US dollars?

In reply to: "we used a trial of timely, however when we researched it, they own your data base, you won't get it back"

Hey Guys,

Not here to sell Timely, just to let you know that all of the data in your Timely account is YOURS.

You are free to export your data as and when you like :)

Our CEO made a few words here:

Timely's cloud storage and your data - Timely

Happy hunting!

Hi, I'm researching the different cloud based options and just wanted to check a few things. Does timely allow for courses and packages, eg sunbed courses where it will deduct the money used from their total? Also does it allow for colour processing so that clients can be fitted in around those times?
Also can the reports work out commission etc?
Thanks

Hi check out hive it is fully cloud based, so simple to use they have just added new features like stock management and rosta builder for all your staffs holidays just e mail them and I'm sure they will give you a demo. You will love it.

Latest posts

Back