Salon square footage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skymark

Lisamarie
Reaction score
Just a quick question for those Geeks with their own salon.

I'm viewing buildings left right and centre for my new salon and have almost reached signing stage for one that i'm in love with, although some seem great and big enough I was wondering what kind of square footage you other geeks have in your salon.

I don't want to be caught out too small and similarly I don't want to take on a lease for unnecessary space.

The space I need is for 3 manicure stations, 2 pedicure stations, 2 treatment rooms, a spray tan room as well as waiting area, reception and staff kitchen.

Just wondering what kind of sq ft you geeks work within and do you find that it's ample room or if you could do it again would you like less / more space?

Any thoughts helpful
:hug:

Hi, I have 42 square metres in my main room. I have my reception/ waiting area in one half, and I'm soon having a wall put through to separate this from the treatment room.

My nail desk is in this area too, near the waiting couch.

In the other half of the room is my treatment area, it's currently separated by a few large screens, until I get the wall done. I have my bed at one end and my stock cupboard. At the top end of this room is a bench with a sink and heaps of storage underneath. The room was used for a bar area before.

I have a small bathroom attached, this is for my spray tans and showering after body wraps.

I've worked in salons with a lot less room (standing room only) so I should be happy, but I would like to add an extension to this in the future.

The size is perfect for me at the moment, but if I want to expand I'll need more room.

How many staff do you plan to have? With the room I have I could easily make two treatment rooms but the salon would feel cramped and noisy. I think you would need to allow a bit of breathing room around each area if you have more than two staff.

Latest posts

Back