Salons 30th Birthday

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sian1979

Reaction score
hey everyone... was looking to get some of your opinions and ideas.
The salon i am working in is having its 30th birthday this year. (a bit like me, lol) and my boss has asked me to help him sort something out for it.
He is doing an editorial in the local papers that he has asked me to help write a draft for....hopefully will give a bit of hope to our high street which has more shops boarded up than open now.
the salon is primarily a hair salon on 2 floors and has alot of history....the pictures are great that i have seen. Over the years he has introduced beauty and more recently this year nails.....which is where i came in.
I was thinking of trying create a birthday party atmosphere on a saturday when the high street is padestrianised....and it will be in the summer hopefully so will be able to do stuff outside. I was thinking of doing goody bags.....so will be on the phone doing a bit of grovelling for some freebies no doubt....but what sort of things should i look to put in them?? Do you think a raffle?? would people stick around for it???
anyways.......the reason for the thread was to find out what you thought would be a good idea to do and what sort of thing to offer......as i am a bit stuck really.
thank you xx

How about giving away nail files with the salon name, logo or details printed on them. I don't think they're too expensive if you order quite a few, and you can always use them yourself (or retail them) after the event.
A top-to-toe make-over as a raffle prize.
Oh, it's getting late - I can't think any more.......................I'm brain dead after a busy day :grr:

Latest posts

Back