• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Salon Geek and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Saturday/Holiday Job Wanted in Basildon Essex

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaffacake

Malamute Geek!
Reaction score
I am presently a student at Bromfords comprehensive school in Wickford and am looking for employment for Saturdays and school holidays. I am hoping to find a position within a hairdressing/beauty salon as I am presently studying at J & E Training Hairdressing Academy as a young apprentice. I have already completed a 25 week work placement in a hairdressing salon environment and am looking to gain more salon experience. Although I have not yet studied beauty, I feel I would be capable of fulfilling a juniors role and am keen to learn as much about the industry as I can.

Work Experience

Headquarters
21 The laindon Centre
Basildon
Essex, SS15 5TE

Thursdays, Oct 2010 – May 2011

Junior:

Duties involved customer service, including answering telephones, booking appointments for the stylists, and recommending suitable products for clients. I washed hair and applied conditioning treatments for both the women’s salon and barbers sections. I assisted the stylists with hair colouring, including carrying out patch tests, the use of rollers and the blow-drying of clients hair. I was also in charge of ensuring the clients had adequate refreshments throughout their visit.
hair. I was also in charge of ensuring the clients had adequate refreshments throughout their visit.

I was responsible for the general daily chores around the salon that included cleaning of the floors, mirrors, and basins. I organised the laundry and drying of the salons towels and maintained the hairdressing equipment in a clean state, including the changing of barbicide. I maintained the reception area in a tidy state, arranging magazines and style books for clients to use whilst waiting.

Latest posts

Back