Saturday staff - how much to pay?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mouffloncake

Reaction score
I was asked today if I would be needing a Saturday girl to help out when I open my salon.

It got me thinking - how many of you have one & what kind of arrangement do you come to with pay?

I think it would be a great help but said I would need to open 1st & see how things go.....

xx

Im not much help as Im going to say I have no idea but I would be interested to know as when I return from maternity leave I would like to get a college student to work Saturdays.

Off the top of my head if they were still training then I would say minimum wage as I would want to send them on the product training which although its free I would still need to pay expenses like petrol etc.

Im not even sure what the minimum wage is but if its really low then I would add a commission on top of that to.

Overall I would try and pay as much as I possibly could as I have found in the past if you get paid peanuts you are not inclined to work as hard and the therapists are not motivated enough.

HM Revenue & Customs:National Minimum Wage

Hi Guys

Here is the link for the national minimum wage, please remember that when taking on staff that you may have to register with the Inland Revenue for a PAYE scheme.

Latest posts

Back