Saturday Work

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauren89

Reaction score
Hiya,
I'm going to ring and pop into some salons tomorrow looking for work experience or even saturday work.
Now I don't know if anyone would take me as Saturday staff as I'm 21.
What does everyone else think?

Would they have to pay me a proper hourly wage as apposed to a set amout each day?

hiya i doubt you would find anywhere to take you on as speaking for myself i wouldnt pay you the amount minimum wage requires when i could have a 15-16 year old doing the same for lesser wages it wouldnt be good business sense unless your willing to work for less im afraid you might find some salons but think it would be hard xx

Hiya, thanx for the reply.

So would salons not be able to take me on and say pay me £20 a day like theu would a 15 year old?
I was thinking they would maybe take me on over a school girl as I'd be able to blow dry and apply colours etc as well as the usual shampooing, cleaning and so on.

oh yes definately if you can do all that then i suppose you wouldnt just be a beginner junior sorry didnt realise you could do those things yeah i would go for it then they would probably pay you more than just 20 quid if you can do that xx

Sorry, lol, should have mentioned I'm nearing the end of my level 3, and I've got 3 years salon experience.

See I don't mind how much I get paid, but just can't do Saturdays for free and the only days I can do voluntary is wed n thurs which are usually quieter days.

What's the best way to approach salons for this when I pop in? Just explain what days I can do but say saturdays I can do but not voluntary? Does that sound cheeky? Lol.

obviously saturdays are the busiest day of the week so some salons could be really needing the help only thing is this time of the year isnt good as its quieter but give your details and just explain that your finishing your level 3 have experience and see what they say your best going in and letting them see you and act confident and see how much they would be willing to give you good luck xxx

Latest posts

Back