School fete with 15 minute facials

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heatherp

Reaction score
Hi Guys
I've been asked to do a pamper party at the local school for mums this saturday.
I've been booked for 15 minute facials (yes, only 15 mins!)
I've had a little practise and am looking at doing the following:
Cleanse
tone
exfoliate
mini massage
tone
eye gel
moisturise

It flows ok, just wanted your opinions on the fact there is no masque. Something had to give and I feel exfoliation is important and the massage is the bit clients usually love so am I right to leave out the masque??

thanks peeps
H x

We do a taster facial which is between 15-20mins (depending how quickly they get undressed and on the bed!) and the routine we follow is:

Cleanse & Tone
Exfoliate
Eye & Face Mask with scalp massage (5-8mins)
Eye Serum
Moisturise

I find that the clients actually don't miss the facial massage because they enjoy the scalp massage just as much and you can perform a decent length scalp massage whilst the mask is on rather than squeezing in a quickie facial massage. It's up to you of course though, I'm sure they'll enjoy it whichever way. Are you charging for the facials? :hug:

Hi, thanks for the quick reply, I'm being paid an hourly rate by the school. I've also offered them a gift voucher for a free treatment for their raffle. They have said that I can bring flyers etc to give out and I was thinking of offering a discount of say 10% or 15% off their first booking if they book with me on the day, what do you think?
H

I think to attempt a masque within 15 minutes would be just too much. especially as you would need to rinse off - also bearing in mind you may not be near a sink. I would stick to the treatment you have mentioned - I have found ladies like to have a bit of time spent on the massage anyway.

I was forgetting you might not have access to a heated caddy for mitts, oops hehe :)

I think it will be good exposure for your business, good luck :hug:

x

Thank you, yes that was the other reason for leaving the masque out was the running back and forth for water. I was ging to take a flask for clean water and a couple of facial basins and then run for the kitchen while new clients are getting comfy on the bed.
I'm fully booked from 10am to 3pm with half hour for lunch so think I'll be slightly cream crackered by saturday evening but really looking forward to it.

thanks for your replies
x

Do you mind me asking which products you use? Sounds like a lot of product if you're doing 15min facials from 10am-3pm!

I'd leave a crafty tip jar out if I were you :wink2:

x

Good idea! I might just do that, you never know :)
I use Eve Taylor, I know I won't earn a fortune but thought it was a good opportunity for getting my name out. Only opened my home salon in December, things are going well but could always do with more.
Thanks again

Hi
I've done this, I did cleanse, tone, pressure point massage and moisturer and eyecream and a little eye massage with the eye cream.
I didn't do exfoliate because of water and sponges.
IOt's only mean't to be a taster,,,
How much are you charging????

Latest posts

Back