School summer fetes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaH73

Reaction score
Hi Ladies and Gents,

I know a few of you do mini manis and nail art and school fetes etc...How did you start doing this? How did you decide what to offer? What prices did you charge? What did you sell? Do you give percentage of profits to school?

Just my little girls school has got their summer fete on soon and i don't know whether to approach them or not, got the jitters!!!!! :o

I used to do summer fetes at my kids school and I did airbrushed tattoos - went down a storm - the queues were longer than for the face painting LOL.

I have not tried anything else in the nail line.

I did it as a way of fundraising for the school and only really took minimal expenses - they would not accept all of the money LOL.

Hi Fi,

I have the airbrush but not the skill yet! Only got it about a month ago from essential nails absolutely love it have sprayed my mum's nails twice but haven't attempted body art yet as don't have the right paints or stencils....but maybe next year!!!!!! :D

I've done nail art for little girls at fets. I charged £1.50-£2.00 per set. I gave all the money to the school. I'll be doing another one soon, and will be doing the same thing.

I took my price list and cards along, and got a couple of interests. Hoping to get alot more interest this time/clients!

I have done these in the past and gave the 10% of the takings, which they were happy with. I offered nail art for kids at £5 a set and Nail art on two fingers for adults at £3 this was because you end up taking too long on full sets and the queue gets long. I also did mini mani's which I used solar manicure scrub and a cuticle remover, then just buffed them to a high gloss shine. this was also £5. The old ladies loved this more than the kids. I think whatever you do make it quick mini treats, as you get people that don't want to wait that long.

Hi

I would suggest you use the fetes to your advertising advantage...

That raffle table full of bin end bottles of wine etc really does look good with a few Creative products.. In the past I have done this and displayed in an attractive box..tissue paper..netting etc and also attached my card. Everybody at that fete will look at the raffle table and you will be surprised how many new contacts & bookings you get!

Latest posts

Back