Scratch Mag L&P swirl

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
twinkletoes910 said:
Ok, I found the actual ad... here's word for word the instructions

Step 1
Custom blend the Fancy Flirt's favorite Fall shade. Coat the entire nail and while the product is moist, carve swirls with a dull pin. Apply a thin coat of Mosaic Terra Cotta Powder to fill in your swirls and buff once set.

Step 2
Create a second layer of swirls by using Perfect Color Clear Powder, carving new swirls and filling them with Metro Golden City Powder mixed evenly with Mosaic Golden Glass Powder.

Step 3
Buff between each layer to reveal your crisp swirl design. The building up of layers will create depth in your pattern.

Step 4
Creative one more layer of swirls, using Mosaic Black Powder. Let dry and buff to a high shine.

I think the reason people thought it was enamel is because at the bottom of the add, they have custom blended powders coming out of the fall enamel bottles.

I'll make up some tips to show off:o . Unfortunately my daughter has lost my digital camera, so I'll have to borrow my dad's. But no biggie... I'll be back w/ pics tomorrow!:)

Thanks so much for this, I still have'nt found my copy of the mag yet! Can't wait to see the pictures.

finally!!!!! after fighting with my modem I'M BACK... and with pictures!

here's the masquerade swirl (forgot to put white on first.. my bad!) but you get the point. it's swirled with black then white.

then a different swirl... when you use opaque colors, they're a little more forgiving. i used aqua marine for the background, swirled with citrine first, then pink topaz

and finally my flower swirl (with a lady bug and clouds :D )... the swirl part is the green stem and some small leaves at the bottom. i used morning glory and white for the background, lilly of the valley for the green swirl, and daffodil and white for the flower (plus ruby and voodoo for the lady bug)

They look lovely Nikki!! I will post some pics of mine as soon as I get hold of a decent camera. Thanks very much for all your help with this.

Latest posts

Back