Sculpted nails taking a long time

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TP Holistic and Beauty

Reaction score
Hi all I've been qualified in gel nails and tips since May and been getting on ok and recently qualified in sculptured acrylics. I've been doing ok and the gel nails I've cracked I think but one thing that bugs me is I take so long to do extensions! The acrylic sculpting takes me 3 plus hours! What can I do to get my time down without compromising quality? Any help much appreciated lol x

I would try not to focus too much on your time. The more you do the quicker you'll be.
Is there any specific part of it that you feel takes you longer?

I would try not to focus too much on your time. The more you do the quicker you'll be.
Is there any specific part of it that you feel takes you longer?

I'd say it's the buffing of the acrylic. I know it's down to how u apply it but no matter how much I try I always end up with lumpiness round the side walls and too much on the top

If you have a trainer hand you could practice on that. Is your application smoother with tips?

If you have a trainer hand you could practice on that. Is your application smoother with tips?
Yes I have a trainer hand but couldn't get on with it. I've been practising on nail tips and the application is alot better. Maybe it's the nail forms, I don't think they're that good x

Yes I have a trainer hand but couldn't get on with it. I've been practising on nail tips and the application is alot better. Maybe it's the nail forms, I don't think they're that good x
It is just practice. Have a look at Young Nails videos and try some different forms. The cheap ones tend not to be very sticky and can move around.
When I started I would sculpted the tip in clear very thinly then remove the firms and shape them then carry on from there. I still do that if I'm doing lots of acrylic design

It is just practice. Have a look at Young Nails videos and try some different forms. The cheap ones tend not to be very sticky and can move around.
When I started I would sculpted the tip in clear very thinly then remove the firms and shape them then carry on from there. I still do that if I'm doing lots of acrylic design

Ok I'll give that a try thank you

This is a great idea. Just did my first ever set of sculpted acrylics. I picked stilettos to do on myself and it took over 4 hours lol doing my right hand was tricky.

Latest posts

Back