Sculpted or....?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkles26

Reaction score
Hiya geeks, just come from hair as my new nail technician has just confused me! Lol I've only ever had false nails once and they were gel but I'm booked in for acrylic in a couple of weeks time and when I booked she asked me if I wanted sculpted or some other things (can't remember the term she used) and she said sculpted took longer. I'm just wondering what the difference between the two is and which you would recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other one she was talking about is probably tips & overlay, there is always huge debates over which is better - really you should be asking your technician because she is more than likely going to be better at her preferred method.

I will always do tip & overlay unless the client asks otherwise or has a glue allergy just because thats what I'm more proficient in :)

Hi :)

Sculpted or tips? Is that what she asked you?

Tips is when you apply a false plastic tip to the end of your own nail and blend it to match your own nail then apply the acrylic over the top. Unless you have white tips then the acrylic is applied over the top. (you can still have French if you have clear tips, this gives a less footballers wife look)

Sculpted is when a plastic form is applied under the edge of your nail and the extension is built up
On top of that and on your nail.

They both have pros and cons but should take equal time to do, and from a nail tecs point of view sculpting is more profitable xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1347461742.565760.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1347461742.565760.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 129
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1347461754.808125.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1347461754.808125.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 129
Thank you guys! I really didn't have a clue what she was on about :D

One more quick question. Are both ways just as hard wearing when finished?

Still set inThe same way, same products are used so id say so xx

Thanks xx :)

Latest posts

Back