Sculpting Advice Needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deena

Reaction score
Although I intend to book a 121 for this, I'd appreciate a bit of interim help, please. :)

I really want to get to grips with sculpting and I've sussed fitting the forms to flat nails, I think!

My problem stems from no matter how I try to line them up level with the free edge, I still feel the end result is a little 'Dipped' and I'm having to build them up a bit in this area so as not to look ever so slightly hooked. :irked:

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. :hug:

Although I intend to book a 121 for this, I'd appreciate a bit of interim help, please. :)

I really want to get to grips with sculpting and I've sussed fitting the forms to flat nails, I think!

My problem stems from no matter how I try to line them up level with the free edge, I still feel the end result is a little 'Dipped' and I'm having to build them up a bit in this area so as not to look ever so slightly hooked. :irked:

Hi deena
When i fit forms for sculpting i make sure they are snug fitting under the free edge and nip them underneath to hold them in place and nip them at the top by the knuckle so they hold in place on the finger...i use CND performace forms they are great!!! As long as the form fits snug you shouldnt get any product running down the back and a perfect "C" curve every time!! HTH xxxx

Sometimes when you get that little 'dip' you are talking about (and I know what you mean) :green: Try, instead of pushing the form right under the free edge as far as it will go, just easing it away from the eponychium a bit towards you before you stick it to the finger .. taking the tension off the form like this will straighten it up under the free edge so that the form is more aligned to the angle of the actual nail rather than the end of the finger. :hug:

Thank you, both.

I will definitely try this next time, Geeg, as I do ram the form up as far as it will go. Am so concerned with lining it up with the finger that maybe the actual nail is being compromised as a result. Down with dips, I say! :irked: :lol: :hug:

Latest posts

Back