Scultping l&p on a nail biter?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kstewart

Reaction score
How do I sculpt l&p on a nail biter to give the illusion of a longer nailbed? Do I start the white further up the form (not touching the free edge of the nail) then join it with pink opaque???

Hope this makes sense and someone can help me....:confused:

I sculpt the pink/natural first creating the curve at the tip. Then I apply the white. I do it backwards.

Oooo that sounds interesting, is it easy to do?

I think it is. If you purchase forms that have the oval shape printed on them as guides, it's even easier. You just sculpt your opaque to the pre-printed shape, then add your white acrylic...easy-peasy.

If I am sculpting on a nail biter, I do what you said and start with the white where you want it (usually not touching the free edge) then use pink masque, this way you won't see the growth underneath as much. The see through stuff (mine is Sheer Pink by NSI Attraction) isn't really any good for doing this.

Hope that helps! x

Thank you sooo much guys, this has really helped me. I no longer feel as nervous as I did about sculpting on a nail biter! Lol :)

Much love xx

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Just one more question......I did a set of acrylics on a nail biter a few weeks ago (before I posted this) and for some reason without even thinking I just sculpted as I normally would on someone with nails! Doh! Only realised when I could see the white half way down her nail! (Don't know what I was thinking!!) She was happy with them when she left me even though I wasn't. Anyway, as I thought, she text me to say 2 have fallen off and the rest are lifting. So, I have booked her in to sort them out. My question is do you think I should soak these off and start again with the correct approach or do I hope the white has grown out a bit and infill the ones that are still on and use the correct method on the ones that have come off???

Sorry about the length of this and I hope it makes sense :-/

Thanks
Kayleigh

I dont do nail enhancements (yet! :) ) but personally i think i would remove them and start again as you wasnt happy with them the first time :)

(hope im ok to reply :o)

It's really your call. I personally hate to re-do work if there's really nothing wrong with it. But if there's a way to make her nails look even better.....

Think of how AWESOME her nails will look using the method shown in these videos? Her nail beds will look so beautiful and long! She'll think you're an absolute genius when you say, "Hey, I've got a way to make your nails look long and beautiful. Are you up for it?"

You may just have a client for life after this.

Thanks gr8nailz for your excellent advice! I think I will give her the option if they are not in too bad a shape that is. And lady_t_0, thank you for your reply :)

When you do this technique for the first time, post pics!

I will! :) xxx

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back