Sections/slices of colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vetty

Lost and happy geek!
Reaction score
My hair is naturally a reddish brown and I fancy having blond sections (is the technical term slices?!). Would I be better having it done with colour on my hair or coloured extensions that are cut to the length of my hair?

Any advice for me please? Oh, and by the way either option will be done by a hairdresser!!!

Cheers

Hi

Either would be fine, however if you are wanting the slices on the top of your hair i would go for the coloured option.

Flashes of coloured extensions look great as a temp look when placed under your layers for example but not as good on the top

JMO

HIH

Hi

Either would be fine, however if you are wanting the slices on the top of your hair i would go for the coloured option.

Flashes of coloured extensions look great as a temp look when placed under your layers for example but not as good on the top

JMO

HIH

Hi
This is great advice from little angel

Vetty what colour blonde would you be going for? :hug:

Hi
This is great advice from little angel

Vetty what colour blonde would you be going for? :hug:

Not too white blond, I need warmth in my hair. But blond enough to get a good contrast iyknim..... My hairdresser uses high-lift tint if he's highlighting my hair, but has used bleach in the past to get contrast.....

Don't know really.......!!

Not too white blond, I need warmth in my hair. But blond enough to get a good contrast iyknim..... My hairdresser uses high-lift tint if he's highlighting my hair, but has used bleach in the past to get contrast.....

Don't know really.......!!

Hi Vetty
High lift tint sounds nice, (and the bleach contrast as well)
and it sounds like you have a really good hairdresser , I am sure he will guide you in the right direction, :hug: x good luck
Let us know what you chose and how you get on :hug: x

If she has any type of color in her hair. Highlight tint/colour will not Lift it.

If she has any type of color in her hair. Highlight tint/colour will not Lift it.

Yes this is right tint wont lift over a colour
I think we were assuming Vettys natural reddy brown hair meant Vettys natural hair colour, which may not be the case ? :eek:
but if it has been tinted to a reddy brown colour and is not the natural hair colour
then tint wont lift it ,
even high lift wont lift it evenly
Thanks for pointing this out JDs:)

Latest posts

Back