Security of products when clients are changing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jolie69

Reaction score
Hi
Just wondering what your solutions to this are.
Basically I work out of one room that I rearrange for tanning, waxing, nail treatments and make up.
However I do get a little paranoid especially with a new client when I have to leave them to undress for tanning or waxing. My whole Shellac and Vinylux collections are on open shelves to display, besides tons of other sundry items and products for other treatments.
Other than purchasing glass locking cabinets and finding a home for everything out of site which would compromise my space, I'm stumped.
One of my friends actually saw a client take something from the drawers in her nail desk at the front of her salon whilst she was performing a private treatment behind a gauze curtain - I can't afford to lose even one product etc in this way.
I have thought about getting a folding screen so I can stay in room but there isn't space when I spray tan.
Any ideas please?
Thank you

Could you not ask the client 'would you like me to leave the room whilst you get ready for the treatment?' Most would probably say it's fine?
I'm not a beauty therapist but as a customer, my beauty therapist asked me this on my first ever trip for waxing. As I felt fine, I had no problems with her staying in the room. She continued to get the room ready and keep herself busy whilst I got ready.
If not, lock and key is honestly your best option if space is an issue for you. You can get some amazing space saving units from different places including Ikea!

I don't leave the room when my waxing clients are undressing or dressing, I am too busy for that luxury.

I do leave the room when tan clients are getting ready and when they are getting dressed again.

However, if I had the same set-up as you I would stay in the room the whole time .. you could always be faffing around getting the solution ready etc whilst the client undresses, and you can be looking busy filling in the client card whilst they are getting dressed ... you could also be talking them through the after care.

I have never had anything stolen in all the years I have been in business - amazing clients :)

Totally agree with above.

I never leave clients to get undressed etc. I do occasionally leave them for different reasons and have products in my treatment rooms, including some facial products. I have only once had a product stolen and I knew who did it, but then found it where it had slipped behind something. I said a mental apology to the client and so can happily say that my clients are also golden!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

You could get a dressing screen from eBay which you open out in corner and clients can get dressed/ undressed behind it while u are in the room.

You could fold it when not in use or make a nice feature out of in your room too!

I don't leave the room except for after I tan them I ask them to wait a few mins before dressing and I go out of my wetroom into my beauty room. There nothing in there to nick anyway and I think I'd notice if they tried to sneak a litre bottle of tan solution out!! If they want to nick paper pants, that's just weird.....

It helps that I have OCD. All my products are displayed in such a way that I would notice if anything went missing. For example, varnishes lined up in groups of 3 or 6.

I did bring this up at college though as we had quite expensive Dermalogica products on the trolleys and we would wait outside the curtain for people to get dressed. Someone could have easily slipped a bottle of cleanser into their bag.

I caught someone stealing from my room. My tip box was places always facing a certain direction, and it had been moved. It was a member of staff though.

I don't leave the room for clients to get changed for tanning or waxing treatments. I've had this done to me as a client & found it uncomfortable, so decided I wouldn't.
I have one room with everything in it including retail stock & takings.
I think I would know if anything was taken if I had to nip out as it's all lined up in a display cabinet. You just have to trust them & be very a ware of stock .& where everything is.

Fantastic advice - I think I will try and stay in and the screen does sound like an option - especially if they're changing into disposable pants. Would save a few mins too if they're ready before you re enter room
Thank You x

Latest posts

Back