Self Curing Acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nailtips

Reaction score
Hi

can anyone tell me what brand they prefer to use for self curing acrylic? and if anyone knows what brand the NSS use.

cheers

N

Last edited by a moderator:
I use IBD - which is great stuff! But every decent well known brand out there is a dream to work with which im sure plenty other geeks will back up!!!

Iv heard the NSS use illegal (please dont quote me on this, heard on the grapevine) products which are not permitted for use in the UK anymore due to the chemicals being in them being outlawed. This is why they are rock solid with a good finish - many cut corners which is why they are cheap. Company magazine did a really good article not too long ago where they investigated NSS - if you googled it you will probably find the article.

The above is only my personal opinion of what iv heard and NOT something i know to be fact.

HTH Kim x

Last edited by a moderator:
Please refrain from using specific race comments. We do not know that all salons run by specific races are poor, equally we do not know that all salons not run by these races are good.

Non standard salons (NSS) is a better phrase to use.

I use IBD - which is great stuff! But every decent well known brand out there is a dream to work with which im sure plenty other geeks will back up!!!

Iv heard the Chinese nail salons use illegal (please dont quote me on this, heard on the grapevine) products which are not permitted for use in the UK anymore due to the chemicals being in them being outlawed. This is why they are rock solid with a good finish - many cut corners which is why they are cheap. Company magazine did a really good article not too long ago where they investigated Chinese nail salons - if you googled it you will probly find the article.

The above is only my personal opinion of what iv heard and NOT something i know to be fact.

HTH Kim x
http://www.salongeek.com/how-do-stuff-site/31101-commandments-geek.html

Hmmmm .. well what you say isn't fact and I actually find this answer offensive and actually racist.

Chinese owned salons as well as Philipino and Vietnamese and British and everything else in between, use all sorts of nail products ... some are branded and some are not .. None are illegal or outlawed in the UK. Some use MMA monomer which does produce nails that are too hard for the natural nail to cope with, and some use less than professional practices BUT NOT ALL are doing these things and it is absolutley wrong to imply that one race of people do.

This site is a professional site and prides itself on the FACTS and not what people might think or what tittle tattle they might have heard .. this question does not ask for a personal opinion on what may be the case.

The question of brands is one that has been asked 1000 times and a search here on the site will give you 1000 answers. I say go with reputation rather than what 1000 different techs might say they prefer. There are even articles here on site that compare different brands and how to choose so I suggest the poster go to the forums and the articles section and have a look.

My last suggestion is that both posters read the geek commandments and learn how to use this site and what is and is not acceptable before posting in the future.

I will apologise on my part - it was never my intention to be racist as that is just not me AT ALL.

What i was sayin wasnt fact and i stated that, just what id HEARD. Or read - but id backed it up by sayin where id read it so wasnt just made up!

Sorry for any offence caused on my part! My brains not attached sometimes and what i sometimes say comes across all wrong!! lol!!

Hope you guys dont think bad of me!!

kim xx

I think as the answers are readily available on the site, this thread can now be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back