Self employed beautician looking for advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautybysteph25

beauty25
Reaction score
hi I’m looking for some advice if anyone could help it would be great! I rent a room within a salon and have recently been getting some hassle off of the salon owners about what time I start & finish, basically get so much hassle if I leave before they are closing the shop (same goes for when I come into the shop if I’m not there for them opening). They get paid a set weekly rent and I am self employed do my own tax’s etc so in my eyes I work for myself and they shouldn’t be dictating the hours etc that i work, also trying to moan if I have my phone out (most time on the business social media pages answering my clients/doing bookings) I don’t see why/where it concerns them it’s as if they want to have there cake & eat it having us self employed but wanting to act like there employees setting rules and getting hassle if I have a day off or about times I come in/leave. I’m not sure how to approach it or if I am in the wrong. Would be great if I could get some feedback.. thank you xx

Last edited:
Did you sign a contract when you started renting?

No that’s one thing they haven’t done either

Latest posts

Back