Self employed breaks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must be the queen of breaks [emoji23]. I work from home so don't like clients to overlap and I leave 30 minutes between each client. Allowing for taking payment, booking in next appointment and writing up consultation sheets that leaves me a good 20 minutes where I just sit and read or potter around the veg plot in the garden. I do use this time for accounts / ordering products sometimes so that is always up to date.

I used to work in an unrelated field and did 70 hour weeks and became very ill. When I changed to what I do now I decided to give myself the luxury of a stress free life though I do realise I'm very lucky to be able to work like this.

Sometimes I start at 830 and finish at 8. Sometimes I do work over 6 days. But the breaks keep me going. It also helps that my children are older now.

Reduck ! This is me too [emoji3]I also have a home salon and leave gaps most of the time ! Altho I always end up doing my washing or housework and forgetting to eat lol xxx

I'm so bad in my mind I try and take an at least 30 minute lunch break with two 15mins mid morning and mid afternoon just to sit down..but realistically it never happens :/ today for instance worked a 9-7 with no break and my back was killing me. I think self employed people have a tendency to be a lot harder on ourselves..whereas if I was working for someone I would be demanding a break? Pretty sure you're entitled to some sort of break when you work an 8 hour shift? I'm going to follow this post as I def need tips on how to be better at allowing for this X

Latest posts

Back