Self employed but want a baby?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulieMoore

Reaction score
I've been working from home for 2 years now doing beauty/nails. I'm doing really well as I am booked up week after week. I feel like I'm putting a baby on hold because of work but my husband and I wants one.

Can anyone help on how long to take off, what days to work when baby comes etc

Thank in advance :)

I'm the same,my clients book me 6 months in advance! I've dropped this down to 3 months now.
my husband and i are currently trying for a baby.

my plan is to work up to the birth as much as i can physically do.
maybe drop some hours or book myself longer to do my clients.

then i'll only take 12 weeks off MAT leave and go back in 3 days for a month and up it to 4 days then back in full time by the time my babys 6 months old.

not ideal by any stretch. but i can't afford to loose any clients and the ones i do, well they weren't worth having anyway.
i do have a supportive family though and at least i'll know my babes in good hands.

having 12 weeks off is only 2 hair cuts i think they can cope with that.

i think it would do some of my clients good to go some where else, then either they'll appreciate me even more, or they will find someone they like better, which is cool to. i always get people asking for me so ill be able to take on new ones.

having a baby doesn't have to mean the end of your business you could even do clients a month in, just for 1 day say on a sat, you might even enjoy the break from the screams. haha

I'm over being jealous of the girls that get 9 months off work
i enjoy my job, love my clients, and i make more money than them. whats to moan about :) xx

I have 2 children and 1 on the way and have a salon. I'm only taking 3 weeks off then going back a few hours and slowly building it up until I feel comfortable leaving the baby with a childminder.

Feel free to on me if you want to Gavin handed in his notice todaychat or get advice. I also run a secret Facebook group for geeks ttc or pregnant x

I have 2 children and 1 on the way and have a salon. I'm only taking 3 weeks off then going back a few hours and slowly building it up until I feel comfortable leaving the baby with a childminder.

Feel free to on me if you want to Gavin handed in his notice todaychat or get advice. I also run a secret Facebook group for geeks ttc or pregnant x

Ooh would it be ok if I joined your group? I'm 34 weeks pregnant, would love to hear from other geeks who are either ttc or already pregnant :) xx

Me to
Please can I join xx

Could you pm me the link of the group?
Going to try for a baby soon and wondering what to do regarding clients x

My little one is a year old now and I worked up to the week before the birth then went back 4weeks later and have gradually increased my hours. I would say that you will lose some clients but you probably won't want them all back anyway. It's tough trying to juggle it all soon after the birth but it's the name of the game when you're self employed. :)

Latest posts

Back