Self employed nail techs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmberStevens1

Reaction score
how long did it take you to build up a good client base with a regular monthly wage x

it all depends on how much time you invest in promoting yourself. flyers are great to start with. then it's mostly about word of mouth x

it all depends on how much time you invest in promoting yourself. flyers are great to start with. then it's mostly about word of mouth x
Thanks. I set mine up over a year ago and it's these past 2/3 months that I've got a good, regular wage. I just wanted to know how long it took for other people X

I'm about a year and a half into my business, I've just handed my notice in to my part time job to do nails full time as my client base is just about big enough to pay the bills! I'll be putting a lot into advertising over the next few months to hopefully gain more regulars and keep myself busy!!!

I would say allow 2 years to get to the point where you have clients in five days a week with regular money to take home.

Hello I've very recently started going mobile so I do not have work regular enough for a steady wage however I am getting bookings through Facebook very quickly, if you make a page you can pay about £3 to boost the post to 1000 people in your local area it's got me loads. When I have done the clients nails asked how they found me they said through the add was on Facebook and the photos helped them make up their mind as they show your work is good. Hope this helps if you're just starting out x

how long did it take you to build up a good client base with a regular monthly wage x

In all about a year. However I chose not to work full time. Advertising and promote, promote, promote is the key. If you don't let people know you are there, how can they find you? I personally found leaflet drops to be a waste of money and did not get one client. I had my first four clients within two days of advertising online and it went from their. I only work part time, but if you manage your time well it will not take long. I have a minimum spend policy of £15 per visit, but my average client spends £40 per visit, so three clients per day over three days is just dandy.

I chose a name that was obvious to what my business is about and had my uniforms embroidered. I wear them on days even though I am not working (my normal run around days), after all you are a walking advert for your business. You will be surprised how many clients you get that way. I also created a website and have my website address on the back of my car.

Offer new clients a complimentary service such as a free gel polish or a colour change within 1 week, or a free brow wax with brow tint. Clients love it and usually end up spending more anyway and they will usually come back to you. Offer incentives for quiet periods. I do not work most Saturdays but I do work until 8 pm on the three days that I do. Rather than saying I do not work on certain days I just say I am busy on that day and unable to accommodate and offer to fit them in for another day. That way if you choose to work on a day that you would not normally, they are none the wiser.

My husband is an avid cyclist, so if I know he is not going to be around on a particular Saturday I will take bookings for that day. Before you know it you will be booking weeks in advance. :)

Latest posts

Back