Self employed pensions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sashafierce

Reaction score
Was having a horrible thought today about my future, I'm 34 and have been self employed 8 years. Iv not even thought about my future [emoji85] so just wondered what do you all do ?

Do you use a certain pension scheme? Or simply put money aside?

Definitely a proper pension plan.
Do lots of research on line about different ones and if still unsure see a financial advisor.
The later in life you start paying in the more you’ll have to save each month to get a reasonable amount out at the end.
I started with Scottish equitable when I was 23.

Yeah, you definitely want to get a proper pension in place and literally pay as much as possible in. If your self employed, if you haven't already, set up a limited company. Many benefits in doing so and the company can match your contributions so worth talking with your accountant too.

I only got my pension set up early last year. Some of Aviva's funds are quite good and you don't have to worry about managing anything. I personally went the route where I decide my own pension investment into funds I select and I can then change my risk when I'd like.

The other thing to do (if you haven’t already) is to check your NI credits to ensure you have one for each year - these go towards your state pension.
I’ll PM you a link in case you haven’t checked.

The other thing to do (if you haven’t already) is to check your NI credits to ensure you have one for each year - these go towards your state pension.
I’ll PM you a link in case you haven’t checked.
I'd like that link please :) be handy to have.

Latest posts

Back