Self employed staff member

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redlottie13

JUST BE NICE
Reaction score
Hi all hope your all well.

I have a nail tech who rents a desk 2 days pw. And im trying to figure out a way of not upsetting her whilst keeping my business flowing nicely.

I've been open a year and this lady started withe 6 months ago on a daily rental basis.

I want to utilise the space and at the moment 4 days aren't being used. My already employed beautician wants to do nails in the salon and she's very good. I'm worried this is a conflict of interest??

She's awkward at the best of times throwing her toys out the pram when she doesn't like something, like the music we play (upbeat is the only rule I have) she turns the whole system off! Has the blow heater on all day! I've asked that this isn't left on as it's like a sauna in that room (it's a open plan room with other therapists)

I'm happy with her at the moment but her attitude and work is slipping, she also got caught slagging off another therapist last week which I hate!

So.....What can I do, what's fair and methodically how can two people work from the same station ? Or is this not possible ?

Thanks in advance xxx

Offer her the other 4 days first. If she doesn’t accept you’re able to offer to other girl.

Yes, as Tanning Beauty said above - offer her the remaining 4 days first, if she declines then you are free to offer the days to someone else.

Is your other beauty therapist working in a separate quiet room?

As I have worked alongside hairdressers in salons many a time, I'm afraid I would side with the nail tech regarding the difference in music type and working temperature - sorry, personal opinion.

You’re in business to make money not best friends so view this from a business perspective.
If it’s not working out with her, give her notice and offer your beauty therapist the room.

Yes, as Tanning Beauty said above - offer her the remaining 4 days first, if she declines then you are free to offer the days to someone else.

Is your other beauty therapist working in a separate quiet room?

As I have worked alongside hairdressers in salons many a time, I'm afraid I would side with the nail tech regarding the difference in music type and working temperature - sorry, personal opinion.
There isn't another room unfortunately x

Latest posts

Back