self employed stylists sharing...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeupartistzoe

Reaction score
Hiya All,

My salon is based on nail desk, beauty room and hair station rental. There are now 8 of us all working different days and providing different services. We have been opened less than a year but the word is spreading and I think we are getting a good rep :)

With being self employed on the beauty side of things its easy to share new clients ie if somebody walks in for a manicure, the nail tech gets that client before the beauty therapist, or the beauty therapist would get a walk in brow shape over me-the owner and makeup artist.

Hair is proving to be difficult as we have two very good hairdressers but they really don't gel well! One who has been there since we opened feels really threatened that the newer one is undercutting her and jumping on all the new clients that walk in- untrue. And the newer one feels the original one books in new clients with herself to the point of being over busy, doesn't share the load of clients esp new ones and creates an atmosphere- untrue...but the atmosphere between them is clear for all other staff and worse...clients to see/feel.

I want to sit down with them today and work out a resolution. When the newer one 1st started they said they were going to take walk in clients in turns but it's almost impossible to work that out when everyone is busy and they are self employed so naturally they want the £.

How do you make it fair? Flip a coin!? I'm really stumped!

Thanks xx

Latest posts

Back