Selling a mobile beauty business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miss pamper

Reaction score
Hi, I have built up a successful mobile beauty business and have my company has a good brand presence in my local area. I have full kit, a good client base and a website and printed materials. Due to my circumstances changing I am now going to be taking a full time office job so not going to be able to keep my business going.

I need to make a decision about what to do with the business, either selling it on with my equipment and products, company name etc or finding another therapist to refer my clients onto with the possibility of taking a small cut for each client who books that I have referred on. I am totally stuck on what to do. Has anyone got any advice?

Hi, I have built up a successful mobile beauty business and have my company has a good brand presence in my local area. I have full kit, a good client base and a website and printed materials. Due to my circumstances changing I am now going to be taking a full time office job so not going to be able to keep my business going.

I need to make a decision about what to do with the business, either selling it on with my equipment and products, company name etc or finding another therapist to refer my clients onto with the possibility of taking a small cut for each client who books that I have referred on. I am totally stuck on what to do. Has anyone got any advice?

I'm afraid I would think it would be difficult to sell a mobile business, as I would have thought the usp of the business is you!

If you are going to try either, I would defiantly try to sell it with equipment etc.

How would you take a cut for each client? I honestly don't think that would be viable. In fact I can imagine it would be more hassle than its worth! Good luck with your new venture x

I totally agree. I'm a mobile/home therapist and I know my clients come to me because of what I offer. Its not like a salon or a brand that you buy into. Also, you may offer a wider range of treatments than the therapist who 'buys it' - they may not be trained in the same area.

I would just sell your equipment - you could always advise your clients of alternative therapists if you know someone is good.

Hi
It worked for a friend of mine. She bought a mobile beautician's client list & most of her equipment & set herself up as a home based salon. Obviously she may have lost a few clients who preferred a mobile therapist, but she has managed to successfully keep most. If you have a large clientele list, then I highly recommend you sell it as well. It's up to the new therapist to keep clients. Good luck x

Hi,
What area are you in?

Hi
It worked for a friend of mine. She bought a mobile beautician's client list & most of her equipment & set herself up as a home based salon. Obviously she may have lost a few clients who preferred a mobile therapist, but she has managed to successfully keep most. If you have a large clientele list, then I highly recommend you sell it as well. It's up to the new therapist to keep clients. Good luck x

A mobile therapist can't just sell a client list unless all the clients affected have given their consent. Otherwise, they are committing a criminal offence under the Data Protection Act 1998.

It only takes one disgruntled client to complain...!

Hi, maybe you could give out the new therapist details to all your clients then, this would solve the data protection act, you could tell them she's taking over from you. I think for a therapist starting mobile this would be worth buying. Good luck

A mobile therapist can't just sell a client list unless all the clients affected have given their consent. Otherwise, they are committing a criminal offence under the Data Protection Act 1998.

It only takes one disgruntled client to complain...!

Yes she had the clients consent of her intentions

Where are you based pls

Hi,

I see you are based in Hertfordshire, I am a mobile therapist in Harpenden and I would be happy to chat with you with regards to referring your clients on, if that helps.

Latest posts

Back