selling a salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sianbamford

Reaction score
Hi everyone after just over 10 years of owning my salon ive decided to sell has any1 been through this and if they have how smothly did it go? how long did it take? any info would be great:)

Sorry iv'e never sold a Salon so I don't know the proceedure but I am sure that someone else on here can help you .
It's a pity you were not selling one ion Barmouth wales I would buy it in a flash.

Ruby

i hope all go's well and good luck

Hi where is your salon that you are selling?

As far as advertising your business you have a few options.

You could choose to advertise it yourself online or through papers. You could do this through Businesses For Sale UK - Sell or Buy a Business for Sale or maybe through the Daltons weekly newpaper which I think has an online edition.

You could also advertise in the property section of your local paper.

When selling off your own back you will still need the services of a solicitor to make sure the transfer goes smoothly.

Alternatively you could find a business transfer agent which is really just an estate agent for the business world. If you google it you will find many. They act in the same way as an estate agent in that they try and find you a buyer, for a fee or commission of course. Very often they advertise in the places I mentioned above on your behalf, or you can choose to not have it advertised so publicly (if for example your staff don't know you're selling and you wish for them to not know for now).

Expect the process to take a while as a buyer will want to take a look at the business, at some stage the books and will probably take them to their accountant and solicitor to see what they make of them. Be sure that you are dealing with a genuinely interested buyer before you start handing over too much personal information.

Also just a thought, The Guild has a classified board that you could maybe advertise on and if you let the geeks on here know in your blog where you are located, you might get some interest.

Hope any of this is of help.

:hug:

Hi thanks for the info! Salon is on the market through sbs commercial but they seem pretty useless! Ive even had a couple of people coming into the salon to get details as they havent been phoned back! Thankfully i had told my staff otherwise i would of been in deep sh!t!!!!! The salon is in east sussex

Latest posts

Back