selling aftercare products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicky-Steele

Reaction score
Hi

Im starting a mobile hair extension and beauty business, just wanted to ask a quick question, may sound silly, but, i will be recommending the aftercare products from the supplier i will be buying my treatment products from, the question is, do i have to have permission to sell/advertise these products to my clients, also, do you sell them for the price they are selling them for or would you make a bit of a profit (what if the client looks online and sees the price you paid and questions it)?

Thanks

Nicky

You buy for the trade price and sell for the rrp price :p

haha quite obvious isnt it really...silly me!

If you are unable to buy at trade then I think you shouldn't add anything on. You need everything you do in your business to be transparent so that your clients cannot find out anything that would be embarassing or upsetting.
Build your business on putting your client's needs first and you can't go wrong.
I sell the aftercare products offered by my hair supplier and I don't make any profit on them as I buy one product or one full kit at a time for the client. But I make my profits on the amount I charge for my time. No need to add a pound or so onto the products.
However if I decided to buy in bulk and keep stock then it would be appropriate to sell at the RRP and make a profit.
Good luck in your business

Linda

Latest posts

Back