Selling stuff

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rippersroo

Reaction score
What do all you geeks think about selling stuff, via SG? I wonder if we could get some petition (sort of) to get a new forum section on selling.
As someone starting up I feel it would of been so useful to of bought stock that other geeks no longer or have never used and want to sell!
We know we would be buying from someone genuine as they are on this site, and maybe we can just post pics of what we are selling or what we would like to buy and we can all help each other out.
Maybe it doesn't have to be solely salon items? I'm trying to raise funds at the moment and thought many geeks are probably in my situation too. I have listed stuff on eBay this week although they are not salon goods, some are beauty items (make up/hair products etc)
And I just thought helping each other out can only be a good thing, right?
Any thoughts??
Are we allowed to just post willy nilly when we have beauty items for sale, or could it all be in one place?(I have seen someone post about having left over lashes before and it didn't get taken down)
PM me if you would like to have a look on my eBay, I wouldn't like to post it up here incase it's not allowed! X

I'm supportive!

You could start up a Facebook page for yourself and then you would have control of this.

Personally, I think it would be too much work for Salon Geek, and not everyone here is a qualified professional.

Thanks hazeleyes
I see what you mean ch-ela, I just thought with hair and beauty people all being in the same place such as SG, we are all looking for that certain type of items. We are our own target market in a way ☺️

There is a FB group I'm in which is specially for buying and selling professional stuff! I've bought and sold a few bits there. You should join up!

There is a FB group I'm in which is specially for buying and selling professional stuff! I've bought and sold a few bits there. You should join up!

Would you pm me the link please, Hazeleyes?

There used to be a group here Geekbay (before my time, though) If you look through the groups here, you will see that it was closed, so I don't know why that was. Naturalnails (mod) I think was responsible for that group so you could contact her and ask her what the problems were.

Sure doing it now x

Ok so I'm having trouble sending the link it's a closed group but if you search in Facebook "professional beauty supplies for sale/wanted" that's the name then you request to sign up. They need to see your a pro from your profile clearly if they can't they ask for certificates

X

There was once a selling group on sg but due to people paying and not receiving etc it got closed down. It was pretty goid but theres always some people who ruin it for everyone :/ x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes Geekbay as it was known had to be closed down as there were several disputes, and threats of legal action when people did not receive or pay for goods.

There was another try at it, but the same happened again...therefore Geekbay will not be revived again.

Oh well it was a good idea to begin with lol. There should of been post only via signed for so people would definately get the goods or the seller will be able to trace them. That's what I have to do now on eBay as people say they haven't got their item. It's a shame either they or Royal Mail can't be trusted so they have to pay more for signed for postage but that's the way it is now.x

Ok so I'm having trouble sending the link it's a closed group but if you search in Facebook "professional beauty supplies for sale/wanted" that's the name then you request to sign up. They need to see your a pro from your profile clearly if they can't they ask for certificates

X

I've tried searching for the group but only can find one that's in Iowa?

I'm part of that group, the exact title is "Professional beauty supplies - For sale/Wanted"

Xx

I was just this second wondering about this, in case I have to sell ny nail kit soon. I will try and find that facebook page.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

I can try add people to the group if you add me- my FB name is Aisha nails

Xx

As this thread is veering into territory where people will be mentioning they have items to sell, and has the potential to elicit people to PM them with offers to buy, I shall close.
The relevant information is here for people wanting to find where to go to buy or sell professional products to fellow professionals so people can use that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back