Semi colour over bleach?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kells

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently qualified as a hairdresser on NVQ level 2 but it has turned me into the most nervous hairdresser as I am not currently in a salon so I feel I have no one to ask my daft questions to!

My own hair has had bleach highlights and 12/0 +9% for the last 6 months and I feel it now looks too brassy and is feeling pretty stressed. I have been using an indola conditioning treatment once a week but have decided that enough is enough and want to return to my natural colour. I plan to do a semi colour (5/73 +1.9%) but am worried about the coverage and whether it will go funny over the bleached area. I was going to do a compatibility test tonight but wondered if anyone had any suggestions and whether I am making the right move?

I have a wedding coming up this weekend and wanted it sorted by then.

Thanks

Kells xx

Hi,

I recently qualified as a hairdresser on NVQ level 2 but it has turned me into the most nervous hairdresser as I am not currently in a salon so I feel I have no one to ask my daft questions to!

My own hair has had bleach highlights and 12/0 +9% for the last 6 months and I feel it now looks too brassy and is feeling pretty stressed. I have been using an indola conditioning treatment once a week but have decided that enough is enough and want to return to my natural colour. I plan to do a semi colour (5/73 +1.9%) but am worried about the coverage and whether it will go funny over the bleached area. I was going to do a compatibility test tonight but wondered if anyone had any suggestions and whether I am making the right move?

Thanks

Kells xx

Hi there kells
Awwww they are not daft questions and don't worry too much every hairdresser gets a bit nervous every now and again it is a confidence thing and I think I have it on most days :lol:.
I find if I go right back to my basic consultations you know depth, and tones,
of the hair it helps a lot .

Am I right to assume you are around a natural base 5 to 6
and I am assuming you mean your going to use Wella colour touch lasting 15 washes or more to cover up your highlights?
or is it all over blond hair ?

The Wella colour touch in the 5/37 may be a bit dark and produce a bit of grab khaki on the blond. It may be better with the 6/37 colour touch,
It would also be advisable to do test pieces first as the blond can get grab (if it is over processed) and go quite dark

the above colours all have the gold that you need in them but just as a precaution I would run some gold tone mixed with a tiny bit of water or and apply it with a sponge over your all over the blond first as you may need to put back some gold tone first,

Then apply your chosen color touch with 1.9% .according to instructions

As for what colour to choose do a couple of test pieces so you can see the result for yourself first ,
As you do the test pieces step by step it will help you gain confidence.

Do remember you are going to feel dark and maybe really dull after being so blonde :eek:
So why not go to another hairdresser she may do a few lowlights for you instead ?
Then after that you could go dark gradually :hug:

Just before a wedding is not the best time to have (drastic) changes :hug: x
hope this helps

Can any more Geekies suggest any more for kells ? x

Hi,

Thanks

Kells xx
Why don't you do a strand test with foil so you see excactly how it is going to look like. At the same time you could see if it is too much for your hair.

Latest posts

Back