Semi permanent eyebrows/micropigmentation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amber-

Reaction score
SHORT VERSION- Eyelash extensions or Semi Permanent Eyebrows for first-time beauty skill?

Hi all,
I was recently made redundant from a customer service office job and it's made me seriously consider my career plans. I'd been thinking about changing career for a while and now I have a lump sum payment and a bit of fire under my bum I feel now is a good time.

I've got a new office job now and was hoping to train in semi permanent eyebrow micropigmentation (hair stroke/3D technique) and work evenings and weekends.
My new job is shift based with 18 weeks notice of my schedule so I would hope to be able to cater for all sorts of clients since I'll be working on different schedules myself.
Is 3D eyebrows a good area to train in? What puts me off is the client only gets them done initially once or twice til the pigment is built up and healed, and then it's every 6-12 months for a topup, whereas with say eyelash extensions clients will be coming to me every 2-4 weeks for refills so the appointments and hopefully income would be more regular? Would eyelash extensions be a better idea? I have the 3D eyebrows myself and LOVE them and I am good at drawing so would hope to be a very good brow artist! What also attracts me is the relatively low materials cost and instant results. I plan to work from home, I have a beautiful cosy apartment in an old Georgian house, with aquariums and fairy lights and it's in a lovely area close to the city.

Eventually I would like to offer other services too but figured I would master one at a time and train and add services as I go, is that a good plan?

Thanks!

With brows ideally you need advanced brow skills. But some companies offer you an add on course to do this.. Micro blading Is a nice add on and is softer than machine tattooing giving you a lovely 3d effect and will probs make you a nicer return then lashes initially. On the upside you have designed your clients brows so they will want to come back every month for a tidy up (wax&tint) x

Thanks a million. What I am also concerned about with semi permanent makeup is that it pierces the skin. A friend told me that I couldn't do it from home because I have carpet? Is that true? First I've heard of it.
Also, how do I know if a course is actually insurable? A lot of them seem to send you away after the 3rd day to do your case studies in your own time and then return to them- I thought case studies are only insurable if done under supervision? It seems strange that I could practise unaccompanied so quickly?

Epibrows is fully insurable but yes you'd need a proper set up for doing any type of tattooing (as that's basically what it is) you'd need to contact your local council/environmental health to find out their regulations, there's a lot more to it than doing lash extensions but if you can train in the brows then it can bring you a great income x

Epibrows is fully insurable but yes you'd need a proper set up for doing any type of tattooing (as that's basically what it is) you'd need to contact your local council/environmental health to find out their regulations, there's a lot more to it than doing lash extensions but if you can train in the brows then it can bring you a great income x

Thanks very much. I live in Ireland and don't think we really have any regulations but I will look it up!

Latest posts

Back