Semi permanent eyebrows

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyNerds

Reaction score
I'm just wondering what this actually involves?
What brands do you use?
Did you get extra training?
I'm looking through my salons direct catalogue and I keep looking at the make up for brows.

I always tint brows if they want it, measure them, wax and pluck. Iv been thinking of introducing an eyebrow palette. I just feel a bit clueless.
I don't feel I need a course from what Iv read on here, doesn't seen to be overly beneficial if only just for insurance purposes.
Thanks xx

I'm just wondering what this actually involves?
What brands do you use?
Did you get extra training?
I'm looking through my salons direct catalogue and I keep looking at the make up for brows.

I always tint brows if they want it, measure them, wax and pluck. Iv been thinking of introducing an eyebrow palette. I just feel a bit clueless.
I don't feel I need a course from what Iv read on here, doesn't seen to be overly beneficial if only just for insurance purposes.
Thanks xx

Semi permanent eyebrows is micro pigmentation a form of tattooing as such, I think you may be a little confused on what exactly semi permanent eyebrows are xx

In the catalogue it's saying semi permanent eyebrow pen or powders. It only lasts for 24 hours though.
This is why I'm asking for advice on it.
I'm fully aware normally semi permanent is the cosmetic procedure of tattooing make up on.

If you get these pens or pencils then let me know what they are like. Btw you can buy them off eBay for a few quid 😊. Xx

There's loads of semi-permanent palettes that you can get the HD brows one and the Hi brow ones are good and last for 24 hrs and are waterproof, sweat proof etc. There is some confusion with the semi permanent make up palettes and the semi permanent tatoo make up, I offer a defined brows service (waxing, tinting, and applying brow make up) and I get loads of enquires off women asking how long it lasts etc and I have to explain that it's not permanent, and that it's the semi permanent tatoo that is x

No she's referring to pens you can buy not hd or micro pigmentation xx

Do you mean like styli style pens?

I use a pen for areas with no hair at all, then powder as usualthen a little more pen under the brow for a more defined look as my own always looks patchy with just powder, I'm using an Art Deco ones just now, have tried la la 24 but found even the lightest colour too dark for light brown brows hth x

I just don't understand how it can be classed as "semi-permanent"? When it's 24hours.

I just want to know what's involved with any of the "semi-permanent" brows but obviously not the tattooing.

Iv seen HD & Hi brows but they seem over prices services from what Iv been told.

Iv also seen the 24hour powders and pens.

Just any information about good brands or training or what you do etc would be really great 😃

Not 100% sure but think the pens act as a skin tint x

Sorry . By the sounds of it the pens are just a pencil but a pen. So just makeup x

The pen has a bit more staying power if no hair or really sparse brows, but it wipes straight off when cleansing. I think it's a bit cheeky to call it semi permanent! Naughty companies lol I offer a brow service (taught by the fabulous Kim lawless ;) ) but If a client doesn't have a lot of hair I recommend these products and show them how to apply them. Yes I'm losing money by doing this but I'd rather not rip a client off, I'd be gutted if I washed my face and my so called new brows disappeared :o x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398123152.693390.jpg

Here's a pic of my own brows as you can see I have very little hair at all :( dang over plucking Lol x

Christian Brow powders are quite good longer lasting powders if this helps anyone. I think Finishing Touches is the supplier in the UK. Also Dawn Cragg supplies the make up pens that are also very good, I would hesitate to call any product or treatment semi permanent as this is confusing. Semi permanent suggests tattooing.

Beautiful brows are an eyebrow powder which lasts 24 hours, waterproof, sweatproof, sets after 10 mins. You get a choice of 3 stencils, a brush, mascara and lipstick. 4 shades available. Really good, can buy online or they are always at the beauty shows giving free demos and cheaper products. Classed as semi Permanent, I suppose it is for 24 hours..

Sent from my ST26i using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you everybody!
Do you offer these defined eyebrows as a standard service (including make up) or do you charge extra for the make up.

My bands are just an eyebrow shape or eyebrow shape and tint.

When I do my eyebrow shape I always measure, wax and tweeze and stray hairs.

Could I add to my treatment menu defined eyebrows or is that misleading and not allowed as they are not HD etc.

I will look into all these make ups you have suggested.

It's very confusing haha. 💗💗💗

Thank you everybody!
Do you offer these defined eyebrows as a standard service (including make up) or do you charge extra for the make up.

My bands are just an eyebrow shape or eyebrow shape and tint.

When I do my eyebrow shape I always measure, wax and tweeze and stray hairs.

Could I add to my treatment menu defined eyebrows or is that misleading and not allowed as they are not HD etc.

I will look into all these make ups you have suggested.

It's very confusing haha. 💗💗💗

You can indeed add defined brows to your menu. Only the words hd brows are trademarked. So you can imitate and call them what you like!! Also I wouldn't worry as what you are currently offer are basically the same as what the company billion dollar brows do. With the measuring you could call them brow design as doing that along with consulting based on clients face shape etc is now termed 'brow design' xxx

Latest posts

Back