Semi permanent individual eyelashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmalouisecookx

Reaction score
I use gel pads plus tape how do you create less sting for client once finished lashes and they open there eyes my clients are finding there eyes very stingy from the glue once they open there eyes up ?! Thank you !

Its mainly just the brand of glue and how sensitive the client is. Some are less potent than others however you might get more lashes falling out. Id rather have the stinging eyes temporarily than the lashes coming out fast.

You need a good airflow around your work area to blow away the vapours, otherwise they linger and are attracted by moisture - open eyes. The vapours will rush straight into the eyes causing stinging and redness and watery eyes. Also make sure glue is seamless and thin glue line. Excess glue on the lash will take longer to cure and more vapours will be present. Plus if you use an activator after the lashes are complete the adhesive will be cured off in less than 30 minutes, not the usual 24 hours, resulting in less sensitivities. Retention Plus by Optimum is an activator applied to the glue bonds after the full set is complete optimumlashglue .co.uk

I get the clients to stay lying down with their eyes closed for a good 5 mins after I glue the last lash. For a new client I also often get them to sit up before opening their eyes, I find this helps stop as many fumes lingering around their eyes. Usually after their first couple of sets they are much more used to it, and can open after just a couple of minutes whilst still lying down.

Latest posts

Back