Sensitive to bleach

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissMuggle

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a gentle on scalp bleach? I normally use blondor powder or creme but clients scalp is becoming to sensitive to it. Going from level 5 to platinum. Thanks

Can anyone recommend a gentle on scalp bleach? I normally use blondor powder or creme but clients scalp is becoming to sensitive to it. Going from level 5 to platinum. Thanks

I use TIGI powder as it's suitable for on or off scalp but I don't have any super sensitive clients.
Normally, I'd use a cream based bleach as they tend to be more gentle.

What level peroxide do you use and have you tried reducing it? How bad is the reaction?

Normally I'd recommend blondor creme haha

Have you tried an ammonia free bleach like shwartzKopf essensity?

I normally use 20 vol and blondor creme but she starting to sting a lot to begin with but then it calms down. Do you think it's the bleach causing it or the peroxide?

Blondor granules with 4% 1:1.5 lifts really pale and shouldn't sting on a dirty scalp. Need to be applied in tiny sections preferably with a sprush. Can't think of something gentler.

I just messaged you with some good ones.

Make sure your client isn't washing hair for a few days before so there's a bit of a buffer on the scalp. It is normal for there to be some stinging / itching and then it will settle down.

If your clients face starts to go bright red and her feet and palms are red and itchy whilst it's on, she or he may be reacting to the per-sulfates contained in the bleach. This is rare but if this happens remove immediately.

I just messaged you with some good ones.

How would you know a good bleach from a poor one?

You are not a qualified hairdresser just a DIYer. Your only experience is with the stuff used by your local hairdressers and applied to your own scalp.

You can't even buy the products available to professionals in Europe.

Please do us all a favour and stop pretending you know what you're talking about. Thank you!

Latest posts

Back