Separate bin for waxing/blood/skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JemmaB

Reaction score
My boss is adamant that you need a separate bin for anything that could have skin or blood on ie from waxing.
I've never heard this before nor was it mentioned at college...
Is it true?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wasn't in my training. Just needed a lined and covered bin. Good hygiene in emptying regularly.

We was told that it can depend on your Local Authority as some areas do class it as clinical waste.

I own a salon and our local authority says we need to but only for wax strips that have blood on them, they are happy for us to put normal wax strips with just hair on in the normal bin and any with spotting/blood in the sanitary bin that clients/staff use for feminine waste.

Oooh id never heard of it before

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

At college we had to have 2 bins for waxing, one bin that general waste went into and then another that could/did come into contact with bodily fluid so the used strips and things and then the body fluid bin bag went in a separate contamination bin but then at work we just have 1 bin so I guess it's a bit of a pickle!

Depends on your local authority, some want it bagged as clinical waste in the yellow bags which gave to be deposed of according x

Latest posts

Back