Serial Nail Biter dents my spirit...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joker.mack

Reaction score
I was recommended to a lady who booked in for a rebalance on her gel nails. When she came in and we did our consultation she made it clear that she was hopeing to come to me instead of the salon she used as I was closer.

The gel she had on was extremly hard, you would need an electric file to remove it, of which is used in her regular salon. The gel nails were completly nibbled making them curve to the side and I could see a deep ridge between the gel and new nail growth. What should have been a balance became a major repair and rebalance, but due to time restraints I did not have time to address the existing gel and applied En Vogue to rebalance and using foils to repair the edges.

She was very happy with the end result and booked in with me for three weeks time. I informed her we would totally remove the gel so I could see how her nails were and have a fresh nail to work on, she was agreeable.

I saw her later that night LITERALLY CHEWING chewing on her nails and today 3 days later she texted me to cancel saying she did not get on with the gel and she only had 3 nails left so would be returning to her regular salon.

The work I had done was trashed due to a extreme habit that this lady has and I feel gutted. I really love doing nails and I made hers look beautiful...
Now I am worried that she will give me bad press, I texted back saying that it was o.k and I hoped she would keep my services in mind but what a kick in the gut, it feels like someone has brought a master piece from you just to rip it up...

Sorry rant over.... It amazes me that anyone would want to have enhancements just to eat them?

Don't let it get you down. Let her go back where she was, especially if she makes you feel this way. There will be someone else who will come along and truly appreciate the beauty in your work.

Serial nail biters are a hard bunch. Some can be "cured" by a nice set of enhancements. Apparently this client could not. Take solace in the fact that your work was beautiful; however, your client has a habit she cannot control. Let her go and remember you did the best you could for her.

Latest posts

Back