Serious natural nail lifting and problems! Please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linlourob

Reaction score
View attachment claires nails.bmp

Hi! I have friend who has wore nail enhancements for years and this is the result after she has taken them off!I recommended she leave them off (obviously!) And treat them with a nail hardener as they are like paper! And use solar oil twice a day. This picture is the result of 4 weeks of allowing the nails to breathe and I personally won't touch them still. I'm looking for advice ad the lifting is the worst I've ever seen! What can I do to help her?

Last edited:
No picture, honey.

Also, nails don't breathe - they don't have lungs! You can wear enhancements for years with no damage. The nails would only be "paper thin" from overfiling (assuming they were soaked off and not ripped off lol cos that'll do damage too).

Natural nail lifting sounds like onycholysis... If it's on all fingers it could be psoriasis of the nail but of course without pictures it's hard to see the problem.

Xx

thanks emily, total blonde moment! ive added a picture (with great difficulty!) not sure if its any good and if you can offer any advice based on it? ive been doing a little research and found a product called dr g? not sure if you have heard of it or would recommend it? she has lifting on at least half of her nails, worst one shown in the picture on her ring finger. Also she has finally admitted to prising her nails off every time!!!! (im ashamed to say this girl is my friend!!) so im not sure if it is a medical condition or trauma she has caused herself and therefor needs to grow out and givent time the nail will re-attach itself. what do you think?

Your skin breaths but that doesnt have lungs! Also i was tought your nails need to breath.

But for the nails i suggests she goes to boots pharm and they might suggest something she can bathe her nails in. My mum was advised witch hazel :)

Your skin and nails are not made of the same thing, your nails are not alive unlike skin. It would be more accurate to compare skin and hair, which like nails also doesn't breathe. I'm afraid you have been misinformed.
OP, if she has pulled them off it is probably trauma, keep them short as possible, and lots of oil until it has grown out. Would also advise a trip to the Dr.

Latest posts

Back