Seriously disheartened

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dani82

Reaction score
I am soooo disheartened and disappointed in my enhancements that I'm seriously considering giving up :-( both tips and sculpting have no staying power! Even invested a lot of money in brisa lite, do them on me still on 2 weeks later, done a client last night and was so confident in using the brisa lite but this morning all clean off :-(( been back and done white tips and hard gel tonight but unsure if they will last. It seems they are pinging off, thought I might press the tips too hard but it's same with the sculpting.
I prepared the cuticule really well, washed hands, scrubfresh & all layers if brisa as per video. Tonight I buffed and dehydrated the nails, put on white tips carefull not to put much pressure, naio nails primer, base layer of clear gel, builder layer filed and top coated 😁😁😁 been watching training videos all night and they doing nothing different. I trained in October, and I really love doing nails, but shall we say I'm defo not a natural! Couldn't get l&p to look good whatsoever so just concentrated on gel x

Are all your products from the same system? X

Why are you using naio nails primer? Are you using it with brisa? Or brisa lite?!

X

I'm sorry for the difficulty a your having ,you are new to this please don't beat your self up over it, and I know right now it might seem like there's no rhyme or reason for this issues but you need to keep trying , practicing , learning , perseverance
Sooner or later it will click into place .

People say gel is easier , because you don't have mix ratio to contend with like with L&P but gel come with there own issues , thickness, lighting , pooling /control , heat reactions , shrinkage ,

Prep is almost the same between the 2 , once you have mastered prep , I think most of your issues will fall away,

It's incredibly hard to guess what went wrong ,
But here's Some ideas for you

You didn't mention cuticle care?
Scrub fresh should be used sparingly litraly scrubed into the nail plate.
Don't scrubfresh before putting on tips

Have you done a Brisa lite class? Might be a good place to start :)

Thanks for your replies.
Just thought 5 months would have seen some improvement. :(
Yes sorry have done cuticles.
I didn't use the primer with brisa only CND products.
The hard gel Is the one that they give in the starter which the school have put into their own pots, I brought the primer to see if it would help with the sticking power.
Will wait and see what happens with the nails I have redone tonight.
Mizzy dizzy you are very kind :)
What is lighting and pooling may I ask?

The tutor at the school has invited me to come in with a model on one of the nail days to do a set in front of her to see if she can pinpoint what is wrong :) hopefully This will solve it, now to find a free day 😏

Thanks for your replies.
Just thought 5 months would have seen some improvement. :(
Yes sorry have done cuticles.
I didn't use the primer with brisa only CND products.
The hard gel Is the one that they give in the starter which the school have put into their own pots, I brought the primer to see if it would help with the sticking power.
Will wait and see what happens with the nails I have redone tonight.
Mizzy dizzy you are very kind :)
What is lighting and pooling may I ask?

The tutor at the school has invited me to come in with a model on one of the nail days to do a set in front of her to see if she can pinpoint what is wrong :) hopefully This will solve it, now to find a free day 😏

Ah well the CND products don't need primer, and the type of gels you are using may explain some of the issues your having. Cheaper products are renowned for lifting however if it's pinging off whole it probably wasn't ever attached in the first place.

With gel I find that as long as I check these things the nails hold:

Are you removing shine thoroughly from the nail?

Prep very very thoroughly - use cuticle away from CND if needs be it's brilliant!

Are you using the right lamp for the gels you have?

Ensure there is no oil at all on the nail plate and dehydrate (don't go back over and touch it at all) use scrub fresh before application etc.

Lastly for strength;
Ensure your nails have a good apex and structure. (Usually this will only cause breakage and not whole nails flying off)

Xxx

I don't use CND but Nail Harmony Hard Gel & only *just* doing fusion acrylic.

My first set of acrylic sculpts with dry prep are on week 2 with no lifting. Maybe go back to your educator so they can watch you.

I have extended my L&P training as I was not really 'getting' it the first time round (pink and white sculpts especially) as I did with Gel. Don't struggle on your own when there are top class educators around :)

Thanks guys, I will keep trying, it's not easy! Her thumbs have 'popped' off today :-(
Thing is they tend to last ok when I do my own so that's weird in itself isn't it?

I've had brillant results with Brisa lite sculpting gel. It's a wonderful product! I've done also a severe nail biter and to my surprise the gel held perfectly.
But peeling nails are not suited for this sistem. This is the only case the nails popped in one piece after few days. Maybe your customer is not right for this system.

May I suggest you do the Brisa lite training because every system is different and although videos are a great help it didn't best the real thing 😄if you are already gel trained you would only have to do a conversion course 😄

It may just be that enhancements may not suit her nails. If your doing them on yourself and they're staying on your doing something right.
My friend is lucky if she can keep l&p on for a week,even the cement crap used in nss doesn't stay on her. Definatley get your technique checked by your educator and try and stick to a brand. Cnd do,do an enhancement primer called nail fresh which is recommended for troublesome nails :)

Thanks guys for the support! I'm going back to the school next week to do a set and see where I'm going wrong, hopefully things will be lot clearer then :)

I completely know how you feel. Ive been struggling with my sculpts so much so ive taken a break and will be offering to my friends at discounted prices to 'test' them!!

Ive had clients saying they 'ping' off however when ive done my own they last for 2-3 weeks!! Argh!!

Goodluck!
Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Mad isn't it tashadilly, I'm wondering if I'm 'rougher' with myself with cuticule removing etc or I take more time 😤 we. I will report back Wednesday is D day really when I go back to trainer. X

So I went back to 'school' today and it seems it could be some leaking glue along the sidewalls that I didn't notice! Feel stupid and better all at the same time 🙈

Latest posts

Back