Seriously wiry, course, dry, thick hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubymurray

Reaction score
hi all

title says it all really, seriously wiry, course, dry thick hair.

i'm not a professional just a guy with an interest in this stuff, I've been browsing the board for info and wanted to run a few suggestions by you all.

so I'm a male with short wavy hair, similar to Andy Murray's [hence the name]. I have NO problem with the waviness, it's not an issue. what is an issue is what treatment I should give my hair.

sadly, it seems my hair is in it's absolute BEST looking condition after 4-5 days of not washing it, and simply rinsing it through with water daily. this is obviously not ideal though. it seems the accumulation of natural oils after 4/5 days puts it in better [although still far from ideal] condition. is there a product that can mimick this, without looking greasy like 'Frizz-Ease' seems to leave it?

the obvious solution is to shave it off, but I don't want to do that. again, i'm not worried about the waviness, but I'm after suggestions to make it less dry, less frizzy, less wiry possibly.

thanks ever so much for reading guys.

-RM

lil help here people :wink2:

Moroccan oil, there are loads of different brands, but its really good for softening and calming down hair like yours :) and it smells good lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Agree with Moroccan oil ( Argan oil ) my preference is orofuido, amazing stuff. Don't buy cheap alternatives. Also maybe try leaving a little conditioner in your hair, so don't rinse it all out. Patrick Cameron ( a pro at styling with very curly / dry / frizzy hair ) swears by leaving ordinary conditioner in it. Are you using professional shampoos and conditioners? You need a hydrating / moisturising one. Matrix Biolage hydratherapie is lovely or the deep smoothing.

thank u both for the suggestions, I will look into them :)

I don't use any quality products, at least I haven't yet. as I said in the OP, I tend to wash as infrequently as poss, as I find the build up of natural oils sees my hair calm down a fair bit. this is far from ideal of course, and it's uncomfortable knowing I've gone 4-5 days without shampooing.

Latest posts

Back