Setting for 5008 spray tan gun?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breezy

Reaction score
Hey,
I have the maxi mist and use suntana, sienna and la tanning (trying to decide which is better, Question 1) and I cant seem to decide on what is the best way to use the gun(question 2) reason behind this is that i trained with tan solutions and they used another gun. once the nozzle is closed i then give it one big twist but feel like i have to spray right up to the body and am using alot of solution and then sometimes i notice a few places it gets darker patches and abit wet looking, so question 3, if there are a few places that look darker will it go patchy or will it only look patchy if i miss any parts of skin.
Can someone please tell me what setting they use, i know its not marked but how many twists do u do. Any advise would be appreciated.
thanks

Best way to get the setting right is to completely close the dial and mark it with something like a dot of nail varnish at 12o'clock so that you know how far you are turning the dial..

I turn mine back about a quarter of a turn (to 9o'clock) you can check by spraying onto a piece of tissue or couch roll, you only need to color the tissue, not soak through it!

May take a little getting used to as you arent trying to spray the client brown, you need to trust in your solution to do its job and by the time you have sprayed the whole body they will have a knicker line.

Using this method you should use no more than 40 - 50ml of solution per person.

thanks jaffacake excellent info

Best way to get the setting right is to completely close the dial and mark it with something like a dot of nail varnish at 12o'clock so that you know how far you are turning the dial..

I turn mine back about a quarter of a turn (to 9o'clock) you can check by spraying onto a piece of tissue or couch roll, you only need to color the tissue, not soak through it!

May take a little getting used to as you arent trying to spray the client brown, you need to trust in your solution to do its job and by the time you have sprayed the whole body they will have a knicker line.

Using this method you should use no more than 40 - 50ml of solution per person.

I use the maximist 5008 and LA Tan and find to get a 1 coat tan my gun needs to be set at about 8 oclock.

So like above I set at fully closed and have a marker at 12 o'clock then I turn that mark anticlockwise until its at aprox 8 o'clock. I then spray a piece of couch roll to check it's just making the front sheet brown and not going through to the back sheet at all. I use about 50ml per person. Whenever I've turned it down to less I seem to get patchy bits and problems so I'm sticking with the gun at 8 for now.

Also the front section that screws off I have the directors at 12 & 6 so the spray is correct for spraying up and down. I was told at training if you spray side to side you set the directors to 3 & 9 but as I spray downward I make sure my gun is set at 12 & 6.

Hope this helps.

Hi

I swear by Sienna X, I've tried others but none seem to be as good!

I was taught to close the dial completely then open it a notch and keep testing it on tissue until you have the right consistency. This will stop the solution spraying out so fast and creating dark patches. I would always try it on tissue before you do it on a client anyway.

As long as the solution has had contact with all the skin a reaction will take place and it will wash off evenly. More solution doesn't equal a darker tan.

x

Latest posts

Back