Setting up a mobile business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackieMac

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I have just done a spray tanning course and am looking at setting up a mobile business in my spare time. Does anyone have any helpful advice for a newbie? Xxx

I’d probably say that don’t expect too much too soon. It takes time to build up regular clients and word of mouth is your best bet for advertising aswell as Facebook, Instagram etc. Also, don’t price yourself too low, you’re in it to make a profit and it’s not a hobby! Have a look at who else tans and their prices in your area. Good luck

I’d probably say that don’t expect too much too soon. It takes time to build up regular clients and word of mouth is your best bet for advertising aswell as Facebook, Instagram etc. Also, don’t price yourself too low, you’re in it to make a profit and it’s not a hobby! Have a look at who else tans and their prices in your area. Good luck
Thank you for your advice xxx

Angel Tannings advice is good. Also search through all the previous posts here for plenty of tips and advice.

I’m in the same boat as you, I’ve had one client so far. I’ve been qualified for about a month so is slow going, I agree with the comment above don’t expect to much to soon. Takes a lot of determination x

Wishing you every success in your new business. Let us know if you want a sample of solution

I’m in the same boat as you, I’ve had one client so far. I’ve been qualified for about a month so is slow going, I agree with the comment above don’t expect to much to soon. Takes a lot of determination x
I’ve advertised on Glasgow Gumtree and had quite a few replies so fingers crossed xx

Wishing you every success in your new business. Let us know if you want a sample of solution
Yes that would be great how do I apply? Xx

I started going mobile mid feb and have had loads of customers! The thing that has given me lots of interest is 100% social media. In particular Instagram. You can have a look at mine if you like @tan_exclusive :) I've got 11 people to do tomorrow! So it really does help. Obviously I've had people come to me from recommendations alone but I believe that social media presence is the most important thing. I've also started visiting more beauty people for example, I now get my lashes done by different people to make friends and ask them to give me a shoutout as I do the same for them. If you go to the gym or anything like that then ask to put your card on the counter. Really get your name out there. Every time someone likes one of my photos and they are local I will message them and say thank you for liking my picture - you know where I am if you need a spray tan! You get back what you put in :D

Thank you so much this is fab advice xxxx

Latest posts

Back