Setting up mobile, lots of questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily83

Reaction score
Hi,
I am looking at starting a new career after taking a break to have my children. I'm hoping to start up mobile but am unsure which courses to choose and which services to offer. I'm initially interested in facials, nails, tanning, lashes (extensions and tinting) hair extensions and teeth whitening. I have found a place that offers courses but it's a fast track course which doesn't offer an nvq although I would get accredited and be able to get insurance. I'm intending to volunteer at a salon two days a week to get experience and confidence before I go on my own. I'm not sure what I am after, just information and experience I think? I have been lurking on here the past few days and you certainly all seem to know your stuff...

I would start with a basic level 2 beauty course and take it from there. You can do the add on lashes, tans etc as you go along if you decide that you do like doing this line of work. Not everyone does as they (not saying you do) think that beauty is really easy and anyone can do it. It takes practice and more practice to get your skills up to scratch to work on clients and its not the best pay in the world, but you get out what you put in to it..

Best of luck on your new venture.. ask around at local salons, see where they trained and who they would recommend etc and see if they would be willing to take you on as an apprentice so you can get some real work place experience. x

ooh and nearly forgot - welcome to salon geek! :D

Thanks muddi, all good advice. Will take on board.

Latest posts

Back