Setting up mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmalounewt

Reaction score
I am looking to set up mobile nails after christmas! Got all my acrylic equipment, getting all my harmony gelish for christmas!
I was just wondering what do you guys take/ use as a table and chairs to do nails in other peoples houses? dont want to be traipsing loads of equipment into peoples homes!
Thankyou xx

I generally just sit at a dining table but I would advise getting a lamp as im just about to buy one. Lighting can be terrible in some peoples houses!

I've just bought a portable manicure table from Beauty 4 Less. It's a folding table that comes with a holdall. It's a basic table but does the job when a client doesn't have a dining room table as not all do x

I use a portable table for some clients & some I use there table own table, I found the opi led lamp is amazing as it a lamp that attaches to it & is small & you plug it into the led lamp so your not pluging in loads of equipment! X I'm getting gel II for xmas as it's amazing still loving my gelish but gel II last so much longer!! On my nails as well with soaking off & filling acrylics! haha it's sad when all you want for Xmas is gel polish! X

I think my boyfriend is getting me a portable table for xmas! Theres just so many thinks you have to take! Most people will have chairs you can use? I just once had my nails done at my friends and i was sat on a camping chair and she was on a big sofa chair and it was uncomfortable and really hard work! So i dont want it being like that! X

It's better if possible to buy a little table, even a cheap TV dinner table is better than nothing, if you spill something on a clients say £2000 table it's gonna be a expensive insurance claim, whereis if your £20/40 table it doesn't matter and to say it won't happen, it can and will and we have all done it whether in someones house, our own or salon.

I once spilt over a bottle of ACETONE on a friends mahogonu polished dining table, omg, was awful.
I wanted the ground to open up & swallow me.

She laughed her head off..!!??? Maybe that was the wine... :o

When I was mobile for a while, I used a camping table (it was only around £30) and a towel to 'cover up the ugly'. I bought it the same day as I left an acetone soaked cotton pad on their beautiful dining table. (Good thing for insurance) I also bought two fold up chairs and asked them before I got there, as on more than one occasion they would be sat on a big squishy sofa reaching up to the table.

I've got a folding camping table too. It looks fine with a towel on and only weighs 3kg whereas the proper mobile tables weigh around 10kg.

I always check the first time my clients books if they have 2 dining room chairs we can use and if they haven't I take my own stool and a fold up chair.

I know it's a lot to carry but that's part of being mobile.

I would never want to risk using a clients table - just in case........x

Yeah thats what i was thinking!! Acatone can be lethal...i spilt it and melted my step dads laptop WHOOPS 🙈🙈🙈 x

When I was mobile a few years back I used a foldaway camping table that had chairs attached to it. It was ugly, but it did the job & saved me sitting at awkward angles on couches & being paranoid I was gonna get monomer all over clients table!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi ya, i have a mobile nail table that came in bag,i also use a drummers stool,as it almost folds flat,and my clients either sit on their sofa or dining chair,works perfectly

Sent from my HTC Desire 300 using SalonGeek mobile app

When I do my mums nails at home, I use the ironing board with a plain cover and towels on it. Can also alter the hight and stick the cover in the wash. Stick a chair each side (job done). And if you've got one with the metal mesh test on the end - perfect for holding nail files.

I'd take your own fold away table and at least one chair. I used to carry 2 around with me but the majority of times I only took one in and the client sat on their sofa.

So long as you're at the right height and the right distance between your hands and theirs, you should be fine.

I wouldn't recommend the ironing board method, it's not particularly professional - the only time I wouldn't mind this is if they'd genuinely forgotten their table for whatever reason or, if it were a friend.

Don't rely on other people having a dining room table, I don't have one in my house :)

Other things you'll need would be:

Prep Tools
Prep Products
Tips
Nail Glue - this is one thing I've forgotten so many times with me part working from home/ part mobile. I am now solely from home, thank goodness, stress free!! :D
Tip Cutters
Acrylic/Gel Brush
Nail Files
Lamp
Polishes
Base/Top Coats

In addition to these things I had lots of MINX designs and patterned tips.

I have a box with all my tools in, im going to get a separate box for my Gelish things! Hope i get some business 🙈🙈🙈 x

I use the clients own tables, thankfully all of mine have them and most are glass so no worrying about Acetone spillages (although I carry towels to lay down during treatments)
I have used the ironing board in my mums house but I agree I wouldn't use it with a client unless as a last resort.

Has anyone any thoughts about portable trolleys/cases? My single layered case is jam packed but I don't know where to start with trolleys and multi-box cases

I was looking at the trollies, they look like a really good idea! Seen some on ebay!! X

Latest posts

Back