Setting up spray tan gun?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liverbird85

Reaction score
Hey geeks, I recently completed a tanning course and have the ts50 hvlp machine and although it was bought new there's no direct instructions of the gun set up ie how tight the air flow etc, I stupidly messed about with it but don't know if this is causing me to use too much tan or what have you, anybody got any advice on the set up and how to get the most out of my tan solution as there's different dials, many thanks in advance x

Hey geeks, I recently completed a tanning course and have the ts50 hvlp machine and although it was bought new there's no direct instructions of the gun set up ie how tight the air flow etc, I stupidly messed about with it but don't know if this is causing me to use too much tan or what have you, anybody got any advice on the set up and how to get the most out of my tan solution as there's different dials, many thanks in advance x

Hi there

I don't have the TS50 myself but searching on teh forums you'll find an answer. Here is a link to a thread that has links to other threads about tanning. Was all put in one place to help tanners find answers so hopefully this will help you:

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/179071-faq-spray-tanning-tanners-please-read.html

x

Actually, this on ehere might be the perfect one for you :)

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/167987-new-spray-tan-machine-ts50-review.html

Did they not tell you at training?

I was taught that you turn the flow off and then give a quarter turn back on to get the correct flow of solution.

I was taught with the HVLP5008 and was told the same principle applies to each machine.

I have the TS20 and this is what I have done since my training. I only use 50ml or less on each client. I only put 50ml in the cup unless I have a rather large lady and then put 75ml in it. I have always had enough in the cup for each client and even get to pour some back into the bottle if not used. I am not wasting any solution this way.

Just remember to check the flow on a piece of paper towel before each client to check the flow is not too much or too less.

Hope this helps.

Nope, it was 1 of them day courses at a wholesales, well 4 hours! She told us about the tents etc and as for the gun she more or less said to mess about with it until you find the right flow so I went and got a machine and practically been clueless since, when you say flow do you mean air flow or the dial that controls the solution, also when testing on kitchen roll what should I look out for to make sure?Sorry to sound thick, I have tried googling gun set up etc as I have samples from companies and they're only 100ml bottles but when I was testing on my guinea pigs it took more than 1 bottle so need this sorting or it'll cost me a fortune.
X

Thank you harlequin I will have a look now x

Thank you harlequin I will have a look now x

I know you may already have your answer but just saw this posted on Facebook so maybe its applicable to yourself?

"TS50 tip after cleaning ... if you over tighten or have the front spray head retaining ring too slack then this will affect the amount of solution coming out of the nozzle and the numbers on the dial at the back will be different than before you stripped it down. when your gun is spraying the way you like it paint a line accross the retaining ring and onto the gun body in nail varnish. this will ensure that when the ring is re-tightened and it will be in the same place and will be giving the same amount of pressure on the needle return spring when you rebuild the gun. (Steve)"

Latest posts

Back